2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PLUMB Land Rover Accessories

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2024 | 12:42 PM
4wd Low

Originally Posted by Chris.Gio
im a fan so far but totally agree. for example they use carbon fiber I think on parts of their front brush guard. It looks cool but I think the last thing you’d want on the front—when you hit something and really need protection—is carbon fiber.

but I feel their roof rack and ladder design is the best I’ve seen, like the defender itself, tough looking yet sheik. But then I also want it tough, not just tough looking. So reserving judgement.

how long has your friend had it? Do they off-road and camp with it? Any feedback?

edit to add: I think heavy is good. Would love if the rack and ladder feedback, like your table, is that it’s heavy…. The table’s tied into the super heavy spare in the other side so I wouldn’t worry much. Glad the table is substantial. I have one in a box, putting on maybe this week.
he bought purely for the looks (aka he's not into overland or off-roading, just want to have the look). I think it looks pretty good and probably the only rack that's not adding any additional height? I do worry about long term durability since the design has many joints which are essentially points of failures under long term vibration under load. Also another thing to consider is your rack sees a lot of direct sun/exposed to weather, most accessories mfg don't do well in this category (unlike automotive supply chain suppliers where they're required to do extensive aging testing by OEMs, accessories suppliers are not required to do this). I personally would only get racks from the OEM or proven accessory suppliers.

Old 02-14-2024 | 01:26 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by dorylee
he bought purely for the looks (aka he's not into overland or off-roading, just want to have the look). I think it looks pretty good and probably the only rack that's not adding any additional height? I do worry about long term durability since the design has many joints which are essentially points of failures under long term vibration under load. Also another thing to consider is your rack sees a lot of direct sun/exposed to weather, most accessories mfg don't do well in this category (unlike automotive supply chain suppliers where they're required to do extensive aging testing by OEMs, accessories suppliers are not required to do this). I personally would only get racks from the OEM or proven accessory suppliers.
shoot, these are some good points. Be good to see how they do in the wild first before jumping in.

Old 02-26-2024 | 09:01 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by dorylee
I've been using their tailgate table for a while now - felt good quality and looks nice. Super heavy tho, makes me a bit nervous every time I shut the gate.
get this: https://huntersprestige.com/collecti...lgate-retrofit

(I just did.)

Old 02-29-2024 | 11:21 AM
4wd Low

Originally Posted by Chris.Gio
haha thanks! but I'm one of the lucky ones to have soft close tailgate fitted from factory (back in 2021)