Sponsored by:

Power steering assistance reduced

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2024, 03:54 PM
Drifting
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Power steering assistance reduced

Hi Everyone,

I have a 2022 Defender P300 S and I got this message while I stopped for a bit to let the fire truck pass. The errors “Lane Assistance not Available” and “Power steering assistance reduced” randomly showed up. The steering got super heavy, so I got it towed. It’s been at the garage for a week and they are saying it’s a software bug. The dealer said that it’s a known issue. They unplugged the battery for a long time, but the problem still persists. For some reason, they couldn’t apply the software patch. I’ve been told, some engineer will need to remote into the car and force the install.

Anyone else experience this and how was it fixed?

Thanks

Old 03-31-2024, 11:50 AM
4wd Low
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Yep same issue.

Yep. I had the exact symptoms. It failed close to home, so I limped home, called the dealer and droped it off the same afternoon. it took them a week to fix the vehicle. After some diagnosis, they determined it needed a replacement ZF steering rack. This was about three months ago, all has been good since.

Hope you’ve got yours resolved by now.

Old 04-01-2024, 06:47 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 682 Likes on 410 Posts
Old 04-01-2024, 08:31 AM
Drifting
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SPiNY
Yep. I had the exact symptoms. It failed close to home, so I limped home, called the dealer and droped it off the same afternoon. it took them a week to fix the vehicle. After some diagnosis, they determined it needed a replacement ZF steering rack. This was about three months ago, all has been good since.

Hope you’ve got yours resolved by now.
Got a call last week. After a lot of diagnostic tests, turns out that they need to change the entire rack and pinion assembly. Unfortunately the part is out of stock with no eta yet. The part is available at other LR dealers in city, but they won’t sell it to them because it’s reserved for other customers. I think I will need to call LR head office in Canada to sort this out.

This is really sucks, caz I love the car and has been super reliable until this. I was planning of buying it at the end of lease. Now, im kinda doubting my decision.

Last edited by DefenderRR; 04-01-2024 at 08:33 AM.