Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear (cargo) door issue this morning

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2022, 05:09 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,394 Likes on 688 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Hairy
I did think about putting my button in there when I was adding the extra power outlets but decided against it as I have the rear table installed, instead I put mine in the interior handle recess, it's shown on the end of this short video https://youtu.be/Nf66UaCqR8M
Originally Posted by GrouseK9
@Dan Hairy - THAT was brilliant. I may find myself doing that once I open it all up to put in the interior door switch.
Huh??? What button are you talking about? This thread is about the tailgate door holding or not holding on an incline. I don’t understand the button you are installing? I just reread the thread and there’s no mention of a button you have to add until Parukas reanimated the thread yesterday with talk about where he put a button. I’d write it off as somebody stumbling into the wrong thread to post their info, except two of you agreed with him and talked about where you put your button. So now I’m really confused.

Old 10-13-2022, 08:56 AM
8th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Today I discovered that the door will hold in place when you push it back to the desired location hold it for one second and then gently release (and it holds w/o squeezing the door handle etc). BUT on an incline(when I need it most) it tends to not hold though. Additionally the slightest jarring of the car and the door closes on its own. Maybe somethings wrong with my strut?
if I open the door half way, hold in place, and then release it will hold. Anything beyond half way it holds for a split second and then closes.

Old 10-13-2022, 12:52 PM
Mudding
Received 85 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
Huh??? What button are you talking about? This thread is about the tailgate door holding or not holding on an incline. I don’t understand the button you are installing? I just reread the thread and there’s no mention of a button you have to add until Parukas reanimated the thread yesterday with talk about where he put a button. I’d write it off as somebody stumbling into the wrong thread to post their info, except two of you agreed with him and talked about where you put your button. So now I’m really confused.

I am just as confused as you are and still hoping for an answer!

Old 10-13-2022, 03:50 PM
Mudding
Received 267 Likes on 107 Posts

^^^
I believe the button in question is the one behind the door handle.
On my ‘22 P400 with soft close, if you push that button with the door open, the door-lock mechanism will click and the door will hold that position until a significant force is applied. Works on side-slopes.

The following users liked this post:
MattF (10-14-2022)
Old 10-14-2022, 06:46 AM
Winching
Received 574 Likes on 302 Posts

Originally Posted by dj200
^^^
I believe the button in question is the one behind the door handle.
On my ‘22 P400 with soft close, if you push that button with the door open, the door-lock mechanism will click and the door will hold that position until a significant force is applied. Works on side-slopes.
On my MY23 110 it also operates this way. The handle button you squeeze to open the door if clicked again will keep the door in the current position. It then needs to be clicked again (as if you were opening the door) to move it. (no soft close capabilities on mine)