Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TDI Tune

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2021, 04:02 PM
Overlanding
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mechano2020

Greetings every one ... .Just installed this today, and it was a bit of a bear for BOOST1 fitting. Barely reached it, but ... was done in the end.
When I ordered this device I got it with BT connectivity. It got a mystery object that might be the BT "dongle". Now, where would I connect this ? It seems to have the same type of connector as the unit itself, but no extra port where to connect it (!?).
No, there is no explanation on the manual or install instructions they've sent, and no support today (for some reason they are closed).
Any help is appreciated !
. My guess is the mystery piece is perhaps a protective cover for the plug end when not in use 🤷🏼‍♂️ As far as bluetooth goes… you need to download the TDI-Tuning app from the App Store and use the last six numbers of the serial number on the TDI unit for the link code.

Old 11-30-2021, 04:18 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 212 Likes on 140 Posts

Could be .... on my invoice there is another item line, separate for BT (extra $$).
Is there anyone here that has: (a) the device installed and (b) with the BT functionality ?
Now, as you said, it can be an end cap, but seems too fancy.
Thanks in advance.

Old 11-30-2021, 08:51 PM
Mudding
Received 121 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by _Allegedly

Hard to beat this pricing for Black Friday. It's less without optional Bluetooth to control the programs from an app but I can't see going without that feature. I'm in. Ordering tomorrow. Thank you @DefXBill

Data sheet for p400 attached.
Those look like P400 numbers, but that datasheet clearly says it's for a 2.0 L petrol engine. Typo?

Old 11-30-2021, 09:04 PM
Winching
Received 560 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by Muppetry
Those look like P400 numbers, but that datasheet clearly says it's for a 2.0 L petrol engine. Typo?
Here you go:

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
TDI Tuning.pdf (96.3 KB, 116 views)
Old 12-01-2021, 03:55 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Muppetry
Sembrano numeri P400, ma la scheda tecnica dice chiaramente che č per un motore a benzina da 2.0 L. Errore di battitura?
Hybrid version P400e

Old 12-01-2021, 11:06 AM
Mudding
Received 121 Likes on 78 Posts

I'm a little suspicious of the performance/efficiency claims for these modules. In principle it is possible to improve both if the stock setup is instead optimizing emissions - that's what a more regular custom tune might try to do. These are apparently achieving gains simply by spoofing the sensor data causing higher fuel pressure and higher turbo boost, which is a rather blunt tool. I can see some performance gains there, but not efficiency gains. It's also notable that the datasheet goes into considerable data on performance gains for the different maps, but says virtually nothing about efficiency. I'd also be concerned about the long-term effects on engine components.

The following 2 users liked this post by Muppetry:
Iceman153 (12-03-2021), Mechano2020 (12-03-2021)
Old 12-01-2021, 03:49 PM
Drifting
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I just ordered mine last night. The offline turbo lag is the one sore spot of this engine—plus the fact that it sounds a little like a blender. I am next looking for a more simplified solution to create a different exhaust note short of a complete exhaust replacement system. It just needs a little more air to breathe.

Has anyone seen whether K&N or anyone else has released high performance air filters for the P400 I6?

The following users liked this post:
GrouseK9 (12-01-2021)
Old 12-03-2021, 06:45 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 69 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Jati
Bill, were your wire leads both marked “B1”? Or B1 & B2 ? My TDI kit arrived yesterday and both of my leads have a blue tape with B1 on both. Since the individual wires are different colors… I’m assuming wire leads are specific to sensor 1 & 2 & TDI mismarked one of the jumper leads??
The two leads should be marked B1 and B2.

Old 12-03-2021, 01:40 PM
Mudding
Received 84 Likes on 53 Posts

Just make sure you remember to remove this every time you take it into the dealer for service. If they get the slightest wiff you've ever had this installed that'll be their excuse to void any engine related warranty repairs going forward.

The following users liked this post:
GrouseK9 (12-04-2021)
Old 12-09-2021, 12:45 PM
4wd Low
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DefXBill
I have been running the TDI tune for a couple of weeks now and I must report I am very happy. The throttle response off idle is the most noticeable, almost eliminated the turbo lag. I like the idea of not changing the ECU map, just trick the sensor inputs much like the Johnson lift rods do, but in this case the boost sensors. And it is easy to put back to stock. I highly recommend this mod. It was an easy tool-less install, although one of the sensors is tricky to access. They claim an increase in MPG with HP gain, coming from the modified Diesel truck world this is a new experience for me. So I agree with their increase in HP claims, guessing I’m around 450 now plenty for me. It was easy to find a location to mount. If you go on their website and they don’t show one for our P400 application email them, they have one.
Hi, how does this unit affect vehicle warranty? Just asking if any one had an experience with their dealers when they noticed the tuning box in the engine compartment? Did the dealer say that the car engine is no longer in warranty? Thanks

Last edited by Rychlr; 12-09-2021 at 10:35 PM.

Quick Reply: TDI Tune