Rock Crawling
Received 245 Likes on 131 Posts

ain't technology grand? has kept me well employed for 30 years now

The following users liked this post:
GrouseK9 (01-06-2023)
Old 01-05-2023, 07:54 PM
Overlanding
Received 25 Likes on 7 Posts

Spoke with my sales lady-she confirms that this happens..Her recommendation: Wait and it will suddenly start working again. No rhythm or reason. Technology got to love it.

Old 01-06-2023, 07:19 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,242 Likes on 741 Posts

@Trekkie - Must be older than you. It's 40 for me! Ironically, I work for a chain of vehicle sales locations. Every time someone bitches about the technology failing I tell them: "well if technology didn't fail, we wouldn't have a service department...". Then they shut up. Servicing broken mechanics & technologies keeps a LOT of industries in business! Heck, extended far enough, I would include the medical field. Stuff just wears out, isn't compatible with changes, yada yada yada. The tough part about software/tech is that it is sufficiently magic to most folks that they don't understand it and is so frustratingly proprietary that most folks can't just fix it themselves (even if they DO understand it). That's why I just LOVE the folks that are making mods to their Defenders at the CAN & BUS level. They are pioneers in my book and have my personal admiration. Way to go Sarek, Mark, PowerfulUk, etc. etc.!!

Old 04-26-2023, 01:14 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mdgs
I will say that nothing I did specifically seem to resolve the issue and at the time we were camping so I wasn't truly able to separate the key from the car for long. I will say that after removing/adding Carplay several times, making a new account on the car, nothing seemed to change anything until one day we went for a long bike ride and (car locked, key fob with me) and the next day when we left camp Airplay just popped back up. I really dont know what I might have done outside letting the car sit for a bit, and the issue has never popped back up since.
“ I just bought the new 2023 P400e two months ago and last week my son and wife used both the usb-ports. Next day i stepped in… no wireless carplay anymore. I tried everything, reset, delete data, all what you mentioned. No effect.
You said ‘ one day we went for a bike ride’. How many days were in between the bike ride and the day the wireless carplay disappered?
I read your comment that the sales lady said: ‘ just wait, it will appear again’…. but is there in the meanwhile a normal option ro reset the software on the Pivi Pro?. Thanks, Ray

Old 05-01-2023, 12:42 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts

Pivi Pro restart seems to work for me when this happens. Biggest problem is that you need to stop the vehicle to restart Pivi Pro.

I had a couple of long (cross continent) trips and every couple of days, after a fuel stop and restarting the car the wireless Car Play will not connect. If I catch it soon enough, simply holding the Pivi power button for an eternity (really ~35 seconds) while the truck is not moving will restart/boot the CarPlay and generally wireless is back. I have gotten into the habit of rebooting the iPhone at the same time.

Old 05-01-2023, 01:36 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 63 Likes on 31 Posts

another reason wireless carplay will not connect... even when you tell the system to start it in pivi pro... is if a device is connected to your iphone hotspot.

for example, if one of my kiddos ipads has connected to my iphone when the truck is off... i have to turn off my iphone hotspot after starting the truck. this kicks the ipad off my iphone hotspot. the ipad then joins the defender hotspot, i start carplay through the pivi pro interface, carplay connects and i can then re-enable my iphone hotspot.

this may or may not be the reason you are experiencing the disconnect, but it could be. cheers!