Build Threads Create a build thread to compile pictures and descriptions of your LR build.

Her name is Majesty

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2018, 06:07 PM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

Looking back on the old girl kinda makes me sad. I hate giving up on something Ive worked so hard on for so long. But alas life goes on. One chapter ends and another begins anew.

The ARB Sahara bumper has been straightened and given a fresh coat of black paint and will thus be installed on my new truck at the shop momentarily. In the mean I swapped over the SD roof rack and misc.

Old 04-21-2018, 06:13 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,160 Likes on 836 Posts

Looking good!

Although you have fond memories of your old rig, this one is a much better platform to build a relationship with. Still kind of kick myself for not hooking up the trailer and buying that rig when I saw it. Was watching it on Craigslist for a bit, had an 04 trans and transfer on the garage floor if needed...but kept debating. Then you mentioned it, so my search for a clean white rover continues.

Brian.

Old 04-21-2018, 07:29 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by The Deputy
Looking good!

Although you have fond memories of your old rig, this one is a much better platform to build a relationship with. Still kind of kick myself for not hooking up the trailer and buying that rig when I saw it. Was watching it on Craigslist for a bit, had an 04 trans and transfer on the garage floor if needed...but kept debating. Then you mentioned it, so my search for a clean white rover continues.

Brian.
To early to make any bold statement about this truck.. and although Im thankful that you let this truck pass, it probably would not have been much use to you as it was. Truck came with:

- Bald mismatched tires.
- Spare had a gash in sidewall.
- Alternator was not charging the battery.
- Several cracks in windshield.
- Wiper washer system completely disconnected.
- Wiper jets not working and leaks at washer fluid reservoir.
- CDL not currently working.
- Broken radiator.
- Worn u-joints in front driveshaft.
- Cracked front and rear bumpers.
- Interior in rough shape. No radio.
- Loose transmission intercooler line.
- Bad transmission filter.
- Several cracked/broken exterior trim pieces.
- 215,000 miles with no service records included with the sale.
- ****y paint job.
- Bad bank 1 o2 sensor
- Air intake assembly broken/cracked
- Front sunroof doesnt work
- Sagging headliner
etc

Having a spare D2 with tons of new parts on it has made all the difference with the new build. Its been over a month since I bought this truck and Im still swapping over misc parts from the old truck; from mechanical parts to exterior/interior trim pieces. Without the spare D2 Id have walked away from this here truck. The only highlights of this truck is the fact that its rust free and the color. Otherwise its just like any other neglected D2. This build is a gamble at best.

Old 04-21-2018, 08:42 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 224 Likes on 194 Posts

Sounds like you should have named her "Hood Rat", not "Majesty"!!

Originally Posted by TRIARII
To early to make any bold statement about this truck.. and although Im thankful that you let this truck pass, it probably would not have been much use to you as it was. Truck came with:

- Bald mismatched tires.
- Spare had a gash in sidewall.
- Alternator was not charging the battery.
- Several cracks in windshield.
- Wiper washer system completely disconnected.
- Wiper jets not working and leaks at washer fluid reservoir.
- CDL not currently working.
- Broken radiator.
- Worn u-joints in front driveshaft.
- Cracked front and rear bumpers.
- Interior in rough shape. No radio.
- Loose transmission intercooler line.
- Bad transmission filter.
- Several cracked/broken exterior trim pieces.
- 215,000 miles with no service records included with the sale.
- ****y paint job.
- Bad bank 1 o2 sensor
- Air intake assembly broken/cracked
- Front sunroof doesnt work
- Sagging headliner
etc

Having a spare D2 with tons of new parts on it has made all the difference with the new build. Its been over a month since I bought this truck and Im still swapping over misc parts from the old truck; from mechanical parts to exterior/interior trim pieces. Without the spare D2 Id have walked away from this here truck. The only highlights of this truck is the fact that its rust free and the color. Otherwise its just like any other neglected D2. This build is a gamble at best.

Old 04-22-2018, 05:24 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,160 Likes on 836 Posts

Many years ago, l was going to a guys place to buy some car parts. Didn't know the guy personally, a guy knew a guy type of thing. Anyway, we go in his barn to look at the parts and in one of the horse stalls stands a few week old pup. Her head is barely visible over the horse and dog crap she's standing in. I'm like...what's going on with the pup? He says, quote, "She's mix bred, setter and springer, she got under my feet yesterday and l think l broke one of her ribs...so, l'm giving her a dirt nap later today."

Needless to say...left there without buying any car parts from the asshol*...but l was carrying a little, covered in feces, wimpering pup. Well, that pup turned into one of the most loyal dogs ever. Always felt like she was being that way...because I saved her from that terrible situation early on.

Anyhow, your probably thinking...what does this have to do with Majesty (and is this guy 'the deputy' off his rocker or what). But, maybe your Majesty will treat you right from here on out...since you are showing her some attention and took her out of the horrible situation she was in.

I believe you will have a better bond with this rig in the end, since you have the value and satisfaction of doing a lot of the work yourself.

Brian.

The following users liked this post:
Machinistbutler (03-03-2022)
Old 04-22-2018, 07:35 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 256 Likes on 214 Posts

Man, that was deep Brian

Old 04-22-2018, 05:55 PM
TReK
Old 04-22-2018, 06:39 PM
Camel Trophy