The official TRIARII build - Page 69 - Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Build Threads Create a build thread to compile pictures and descriptions of your LR build.

Old 09-12-2017, 10:06 PM

No pics of the body damage? Weak.
Old 10-05-2017, 04:48 PM

Holy crap, what an epic thread. I just read this whole thing from the beginning.
I worked at a bike shop for a long time in college and noticed our good customers slotted into two basic general categories; those who thought of the bikes as tools for a bigger purpose (the ride/race itself) and those who fetishised the equipment. I looked down my nose at those who just dug the titanium bits for their own weight saving sake. I thought of the stuff as a tool for a more interesting and bigger purpose. I was an a**hole for judging someone based on what makes them happy. The stuff and equipment brings joy for its own sake and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. My version of the American Dream(tm) doesn't have to look like yours and vice-versa. This thread is a written illustration of that dynamic. (among a few other things)
Plus this thread should be required reading for anyone considering buying a D2.

Ankeneering
97 D1 5-speed poverty spec cloth seats and no sunroofs.