Build Threads Create a build thread to compile pictures and descriptions of your LR build.

Super Model With Bad Crack Habit Rehab Build-

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 08:21 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Had some help cleaning up the shop this week........I was grateful!
Name:  Untitled-1-copy-19.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  49.7 KB

Old 10-30-2015, 04:27 PM
Recovery Vehicle

LOL........How'd they find out?????

Name:  DSCF4525_zpszpgtct8d.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  396.9 KB

Ran the heck out of it today, it's doing pretty good.....starting to build trust....

Old 10-30-2015, 08:18 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,481 Likes on 1,209 Posts

It's luring you in.....

Old 10-31-2015, 08:23 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by ArmyRover
It's luring you in.....

I think your right, it's not only female......I think it's a lesbian since it's been getting along so well with the wife........I'll start getting warm & fuzzy and right about that time it'll dump me, leaving me stranded......Just like Linda did back in '92........ugh.

Old 11-06-2015, 07:39 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Well................It's deff. a lesbian........

Soooooooooo..........If you've followed along, the wife's Honda blew it's timing belt 2 weeks ago.......no, I haven't had time. So, she's been running the wheels off the Disco......trouble free.....2 days ago she said the brakes sound bad, I'm like...........I know, I know...it's on the list. I do a quick run with it that afternoon and it's like......metal to metal, ya must'a thrown a shoe or something.....I say, 'limit your driving'.....

Knowing the parts I want to replace the brakes are probably 3-5 days away, I turn my limited attention span to the Honda........

Rip into the Honda to confirm it's the belt, not the idler or other..........Torn down I have the #1 piston on TDC, while switching from POD to NRBQ and setting the head at TOP......it was in fact the belt and I went to jump into the Disco to PDQ my **** to NAPA......

FAIL......The Disco seemed to feel I was cheating on her........Stuck in park.....ya, ya.....I know......but why now? Felt up behind her black dash skirt and started the flicking.........found myself flicking the wrong switch so I reached up further until finding her 'G' spot.........REALLY??

Once beyond that......she decided to run like **** for me, like no idle....such a jealous little slutt.......Of course my local NAPA didn't have my part......off to Maysville 24 miles away.........In which, the asshat provided the wrong belt mixing up numbers so yet another 48 mile round trip to get the correct one.........crap idle & sparks flying.....good thing it's a rainy day......

So, in closing........the day suuucked all around....

Old 11-07-2015, 04:49 PM
Recovery Vehicle

All said and done as of today.....no bent valves in the Honda, up and running like it hardly happened, just time to adjust the valves when time permits...

I'll be ordering new shoes & rotors for my little Britt crack head in the up coming days.....Wanted to get her to the car wash prior to being shop bound today but.....time did not permit. I'll be doing some minor lighting upgrades while waiting on the brakes....we'll see how that goes.

Little harsh on the Disco, but it was no time to pull it's pranks......it's getting a few days of 'time out'......bad girl! Bad, bad girl!

Name:  spanking_zpstouwo83g.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  67.1 KB

Old 11-07-2015, 07:58 PM
Super Moderator
Received 226 Likes on 196 Posts

Buy good pads they wear fast , think I used metal maxx off amazon

My wife's been driving the d1 while I rebuild her lr3 suspension, she hates it,lr3 spoils her lol

Old 11-08-2015, 08:55 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Thanks for the advise.
Looks like the best deals are out of Canada right now, probably because our dollar is trading high......dunno. Looking to get slotted rotors, hopefully it's an upgrade worth paying for.

Old 11-08-2015, 04:55 PM
Recovery Vehicle

All righty........Board with my normal work, I turned to the Disco this afternoon for some entertainment......We all know their a good time just waiting for our attention.....

Tinted glass and reversing up a 1,000 foot driveway after Jr. gets on the school bus hasn't been a real pleasure.......needed an upgrade!

So here's the standard D1 rear bumper.....
Name:  DSCF4543_zpsd0znbq1p.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  372.0 KB

Here's the standard D1 rear bumper with a TeqNiq LED trailer reverse light strip installed...
Name:  DSCF4544_zpsvszlm3ux.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  403.3 KB

Available off ebay for 15 bucks shipped, USA made, it's a steal and only requires a 5/8" hole drilled into bumper, and I used 2 self drilling/tappers to install.

Truck Trailer USA MADE-TecNiq LED Back Up Tail Reverse White Light 15" slimline

I wired it directly into my reverse lighting harness.....(lol, oh my..) While in there I also fixed all my rear lighting issues, boy Mr. Lucas, you really out did your self with technology back there.....

So, here she is.......I like it!
Name:  DSCF4548_zpsdrbyljrz.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  420.5 KB

Name:  DSCF4550_zpstwadllkw.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  357.9 KB

Old 11-08-2015, 05:03 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Since I was working on lighting, I decided to swap out that switch under the dash that butts the brake pedal arm which sometimes sticks preventing many a Land Rover owner from getting out of PARK........

Well, that's about normal......
Name:  DSCF4546_zpseoftvt9z.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  404.9 KB

Wires corrected and new one installed........
QUESTION: Any one out there know which 2 wires I can bypass to eliminate the 'stuck in park' issue? I really don't feel that's needed & with a switch, an anti-theft devise could be created. (please take it!) Any help with that would be great!

Over all, I had a better afternoon than this guy!!!!

Name:  zip301_zpsftd1ddi1.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  116.7 KB

Quick Reply: Super Model With Bad Crack Habit Rehab Build-