Build Threads Create a build thread to compile pictures and descriptions of your LR build.

Super Model With Bad Crack Habit Rehab Build-

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2015, 05:24 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

.0002%.......That must be that new math.
Outta' here in an hour, need to look under her skirt once day light.......looks like it's snowing a tad in the West Virginia mountains......Can't wait to be back at the house!

On a side note, lost track of how many Rovers I've passed out this way.......
Funny............
I don't dress like any of those people...

Old 12-31-2015, 08:33 AM
Super Moderator
Received 226 Likes on 196 Posts

Yeah yuppie owners don't spend money on maintenance and are to dumb to figure it out, there's no app for their iPhone to do it for them and they can't afford dealer( they probably barley afforded the rover) so drive it into the ground and trade in, then we fools buy em and fix em lol

If you smelled gas in cab I would pull the access panel in cargo floor when home and look at top of tank and filler neck vent

Old 12-31-2015, 06:05 PM
Recovery Vehicle

I watched that dude pump another 92 cents worth in at $1.78 after being full.......never studied the gas graph, but a hard left in an incline........I'm sure the vent's spewed.....(if there are vents, after all......it's a Rova)

TRIP IS DONE! 2,300 miles of smack in a Disco that wouldn't even start the night prior to leaving........had a speed stumble today going down hill of all things.......but that was after HEAVY pushing through the mountains manually down shifting to 3rd more time's than I can count.......it was up & down......up & down.......that's the bad part about the short cut, burned a lot of 87 octane....BUT HELL, WE'RE HOME!!!! (9 days of BS)

Super side note.........Wife drove for '3' hours today......1/2 the point of owning it!!! S C O R E !

Time to hit the car wash!!

Old 12-31-2015, 06:59 PM
Recovery Vehicle

An 'extra' bit...........

One of my favorite 'No Tell Motels' is the Kenmar off the PA Turnpike.......

If your near Carlisle for an auto auction or the big car show, or Hershey home of chocolate......or just traveling, this little 1960's motel is super KOOL!

EXIT 201 off the turnpike, your there......Simple but very clean, 100% 1960's, 80 bucks a night for 3, dogs are 10 bucks extra......they have 4 dog room's but you'd never know a dog was there! Family owned by good ol'blue color American's for over 44 years!

Here lies the Disco again under pink neon this AM.........
Name:  DSCF4646_zpsrzqhgomk.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  349.0 KB

Here's the contact, I'll post elsewhere as well.......been staying there for over 9 years while passing though.......if you need more info, just ask!!!!
Name:  DSCF4647_zpskeeilcei.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  454.5 KB

Old 12-31-2015, 08:15 PM
Super Moderator
Received 226 Likes on 196 Posts

Yeah driving in pa mountains sucks I've been in second going down hill because I am always wary of brake fade, never happened to me in disco but has in other cars, not a good thing lol

Old 01-01-2016, 10:02 AM
Recovery Vehicle

I cut down 70 off the turnpike into Maryland, then west.....
You wouldn't think so but it's the mountains in Maryland that gave me the most trouble, 6-8percent grades, 900 feet above sea level to 2900 feet with in 1-2 mile inclines....snowing at the tops, misty rain at the bottoms, it goes on for just under 2 hours. West Virginia's are a lot more drawn out, seems a little more planning effort was made when their highways were cut. Looked for Big Foot while cruising.......No sign of him, probably in Florida for the winter...

Old 01-03-2016, 07:46 PM
Recovery Vehicle

So, since the shake down, and sleeping in my own bed for a couple nights.....as well as looking over the 'tramp' for side effects or a possible relapse.......She looks pretty good! The C pillar repair shows zero signs of weep age, cracking, etc.....that set's the stage for side b. No oil use or loss, tranny fluid down a 1/2 quart, but I'm aware of the drip.........

Soooooo.................
Guess we need to.......Drop the bomb!
Name:  zip21_zpsycx3gxqg.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  29.0 KB

Hit list.......
Fix the major C pillar rot on drivers side, as well as related wheel well and body mount.
Continue with body mount rehab thru out......
Rust repair in driver's front wheel well.......(peek-a-boo!)....
Ugh.......
From there, small lift.......not getting silly yet....
Part's & bumpers......Most likely going to take the 'dare to be different' approach to this.....should be fun, we'll see how this goes. My current fab schedule has a 2 month backlog on some items, so we'll see how much time I can steal here & there.......

Told the wife of my plans.........
Name:  lumber4_zps9qnsjxcx.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  200.7 KB
You can imagine her reaction.......lol, 'wha-wa-what?' .....I simply lean left to favor my deaf ear.......Did I mention this is my second wife? I'll stop there, we could open a big can of worms right about here when it comes to tramps on four tires & life.....

Outside of that, going to look for a few interior bone yard parts to keep the interior clean & simply move on.........kinda' diggin' it, lets get in and continue the ride!!
Name:  zip57_zpsfoq4vv6b.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  89.5 KB

Last edited by Detoured Discovey; 01-03-2016 at 07:49 PM.
Old 01-03-2016, 08:49 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 399 Likes on 383 Posts

Usually when I say; "Drop the bomb...." everybody heads for outdoors...... huh.

Old 01-04-2016, 04:21 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by ihscouts
Usually when I say; "Drop the bomb...." everybody heads for outdoors...... huh.

Check your vent fan!

Old 01-12-2016, 06:18 PM
Recovery Vehicle

SPACE..........THE FINAL FRONTIER.......TO GO WHERE NO MAN HAS.......baaa, who am I kidding......I'm sure someone's been there............
Name:  zip28_zps7r9xv2kr.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  179.5 KB

Point is, after the 2,200 mile road trip......It's not too hard to figure out these things have extremely limited storage space, the tools I brought along, while not the entire kitchen sink, sucked up valuable luggage space.

Goal.....With my current limited time, find and create storage areas..........

Area #1, I'm not using the sub's......I see space.....time for a small expansion to atleast get my jack from under the hood (?) along with some other dooooooooo....dads..

I see space, locking plunger has been disconnected which it doesn't work anyway....have no interest in making it work......LETS CUT!!
Lay out....
Name:  DSCF4651_zpsktujlirv.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  379.8 KB
Bye Bye!
Name:  DSCF4652_zpsq1to6dvn.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  376.5 KB
Quick template, little forming......BANG!
Name:  DSCF4653_zpsdtovwwze.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  392.7 KB
Jack storage and more!!
Name:  DSCF4654_zpsfqmn2krq.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  368.4 KB

Didn't cut a single spot weld, actually tack welded the new area in place, complete with internal end caps, gained 19" x 5" x 7" plus in contained storage. Structural integrity of door was retained.
I'll be looking for more interior areas to work with next, this area was a no brainer. I'm not a roof rack kind of guy, but I understand now why they're popular on these rigs.....just not my thing.

Quick Reply: Super Model With Bad Crack Habit Rehab Build-