Build Threads Create a build thread to compile pictures and descriptions of your LR build.

Super Model With Bad Crack Habit Rehab Build-

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 02:12 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

"Cheap and effective ha, reminds me of a story in the Philippines....."

Ya....but did you get a call from a young lady 22 years later asking if you were in the Philippine's during 'such a such a' date, if you were over 6', had brown hair.........followed by, I think your my father.............whoops!!

My buddy did!! BWAAHAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

Old 01-14-2016, 03:12 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 399 Likes on 383 Posts

Um, since you where on the subject of rear door storage........ Never considered myself one of the "lucky ones", shoulda joined the circus cuz I made moves like I was a clown on acid hang'n from bungees. Nobody's called me Daddy except for four demon seeds that came from outer space just so I could confess I was never like that back in the day. Actually, I think my sons are more mature than I am....... no doubt. Clown on acid still to this day.

I was wondering if your pondering a lid for your boxen in backen door?

Old 01-14-2016, 06:23 PM
Recovery Vehicle

lol......You and I sir......need to hang out for a weekend.....acid clown, don't give me flash backs.....Your son is more responsible than you.....that means you did it RIGHT!......Congrats!!....Clown on acid to this day.....I do a 'lot' of phone work with my customers.......I'm 51 going on 22, my customers think I'm like 27 when I speak with them, I lay it out there as if their a friend, not a number, I'm 'professionally' more of a clown in a sense than ever.....I'll stop there......all I will say is after 18 years in this business, I have multiple invites to stay in every state in the USA and beyond if I decide to hang it up and hitch hike my way in most any direction or country, I have a place to sleep.......That, is a good feeling!

Alrighty.......So I know where you want to go with the cover on the new rear storage area......Mmmmmm, no. I'm thinking more expandable webbing. It's easy to grab off ebay, allows expansion, non restrictive, allows options.....None of us want grenades in our back seat, I was in a high speed roll over 2 years ago in a buggy......even with no loose items, things end up where they don't belong.........probably the cause of the Rover purchase..........my cranium might still be a little 1/2 bubble out of plumb..........dunno.

Any the hell who.....Rear tire carrier had issues, noticed when I did the tire swap......Knowing this, and working on the rear door.......I got into it a bit.....Seems this area never saw much love.......
Name:  DSCF4656_zpstuipz80u.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  364.6 KB
Now everyone loves a dirty girl, but rust in er'britches ain't kool......so I siliconed the thru bolt holes shut, and headed out to clean dem dare infractions the next day!
Name:  DSCF4657_zps2hgca8mx.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  324.3 KB
Mighty spiffy.....no one can accuse my SD of having STD's back here any longer.....I use a combination of metal polish, followed by window cleaner, followed by Mother's wax to get to this point............Also works on previously lettered vehicles that has had vinyl letting applied & removed.
Little tip for ya there.....

So.......Moving to the inside....I retained the Rover 'jack' (just 4 U IH) handles to operate the 'jack'....easy access, not floating around in the cab in some black bag, secure........Cost me $3.65 to secure.......like it or not, I LIKE.....and that's all that matters, changing out some hardware for wing nuts & such in the days ahead.........secure, easy access, looks good, tastes great!
Name:  DSCF4658_zpswnusa8zx.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  279.3 KB

Name:  DSCF4659_zpspjz9ueqn.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  294.4 KB

Gotta pee really bad after all that so see ya!!!!!!

Last edited by Detoured Discovey; 01-14-2016 at 06:27 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-14-2016, 07:18 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 225 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by Detoured Discovey
Do you recall what size bolt you used?
If not, what size wrench fit's on the head?

I like it, cheap and effective!!!
I actually don't recall. With the door closed I drove the pin out. I grabbed thw next closest sized bolt. Had to ream the hinge out with a drill bit. Slap the bolt in with a healthy application of antisieze and snug up the nylock nut.

Old 01-14-2016, 07:30 PM
Camel Trophy

You ARE my long lost illegitimate younger more nuts than squirrel poop brother!

Old 01-14-2016, 07:34 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by fishEH
I grabbed thw next closest sized bolt. Had to ream the hinge out with a drill bit.
Hmmmm......well that's like starting from square one, which I'd like to not go there........so, hang my door from a chain hoist or closed & propped...ream, go find a bolt........Mmmmm........Scout might be right, love you long time might not be so simple as.......Me marry GI, shop at BX & commissary......

Looks like 5/16.........But a decent hinge, could be less of a guess.

Thank you!

Old 01-14-2016, 07:36 PM
Camel Trophy

Hey, when you get done peeing........ You know, after looking at your hinges in the nice door skin pic I noticed the large gap between the two hinge halves (could be a pun, or not). Whatcha gonna do about that?

Old 01-14-2016, 07:49 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by ihscouts
You ARE my long lost illegitimate younger more nuts than squirrel poop brother!

Hey......don't talk squirrel shiat to me just yet.......you'll end up in a Geico commercial.......

Were one of the few.......on the same page for genuine reasons, need to hang out at some point in the future just to see if our minds don't explode!
Could be fun......Could be get the F out of my space.....better that than a door mat! I'm game!

Did I say I was considering webbing over that rear area?
Other area's, yet to be shown...will have keyed, lockable lids for your safety and mine.........

Old 01-14-2016, 08:38 PM
Camel Trophy

Webbing you did, I'm taking notes even though your repeating yourself, like turrets' on paper. I have the entire back end of my truck waiting for your inspirations. I have two seats and a dash if you wanna call that an interior. I'm thinking 20mm rocket boxes, cheaper than .50cal.

Old 01-15-2016, 04:21 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by ihscouts
I noticed the large gap between the two hinge halves (could be a pun, or not). Whatcha gonna do about that?

I'm not following you here....The top hinge has some plastic bleeding out of it which is black....unsure what you mean.

You know....as you age you mumble a lot & repeat yourself....it's inevitable.

There's not going to be a ton more to do on the interior of the rear door, obviously I need to re-skin it.......we'll see...

Ammo can.....in my case, it'll be located on my exterior, at least that's my plan for now....that's why I've been size specific...

Quick Reply: Super Model With Bad Crack Habit Rehab Build-