Build Threads Create a build thread to compile pictures and descriptions of your LR build.

Super Model With Bad Crack Habit Rehab Build-

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2016, 08:47 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by ihscouts
Pictures of my sister eh!
Sister? Oh my..........I'd like to meet her.

I've must have ran over a mile of tig welds over the years, if not more.
Years ago we had a production for Veeder Root (think submerged fuel system monitoring) and the quota per week required 1,800 welds via tig.....that was aluminum, wouldn't be able to add up all the mild, stainless, Inconel welds over the years. Tig is fun, practice, practice, practice......

Couple of my last, 'fun cuzz I can' tig applications.......

Old 03-05-2016, 09:53 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 399 Likes on 383 Posts

I was looking for a hobby welder that can do it all on 110V and see finally Miller has lunch boxes that can MiG (spool gun)/TiG and stick so I'll be snagging one this spring. Unfortunately we can't take pics at work (proprietary processes) otherwise I'd have an album to show ya. Pretty much all stainless with a few aluminum welds (which I enjoy most of all). The ammonia refrigeration and boiler certs are huge time requirements but again all overtime. I was approved for all but they haven't released the funding for boiler and refrigeration yet.

Old 03-05-2016, 01:56 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Two thumbs up on the schooling!
I had a suit case tig welder, pretty sure it was an ESAB, slung it over my shoulder when doing interior architectural steel installs.....I could weld over **** carpeting with that little bad boy.
On the down side the heat is limited, not a huge fan of scratch start, couldn't use it on non ferrous projects.....think I sold it after a year or so.
Sold my big ol'square wave 2 years ago as it was just collecting dust here recently....I'll get a new one again, probably a couple steps above hobby grade.....they are fun to weld with.

Soooo........getting life a little bit back together, I'm starting to pay a little more attention to the Rova' again......ordered the remaining parts required for my gauge install.....Probably going to pick up a fresh Superwinch next week or so, all 3 power steering hoses are here to freshen that area up.......

Meanwhile........Starting to head down so many of you have traveled.....pulled the front bumper off, she's a bit sexier with less clothing......

Lets see if I can come up with a fresh design winch bumper for these old girls, won't happen over night......I'm totally covered over in work, but it will be a fun distraction.

Old 03-05-2016, 04:14 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 142 Likes on 113 Posts

She's really coming together. First post to now....huge improvement

Old 03-05-2016, 06:50 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Thanks......if it was my 'usual' brand.......We'd be hip deep into mods....but since this is my first LR.....I'm treading lightly........Working my way through the weeds.......and when I'm done.....I'm hoping it's still runs!

HELL........15 states in 2 months of TRAVEL!!!!! Diggin it, love the support when I have an issue.......How much longer will this Walking Dead survive? Dunno........but I'm committed to the ride!!!!!!

Love the support from the few, the proud, the lonely.......Keep it up I might buy another!!!! The 'blood line' of this forum exists......while quiet at times, it exists.....and I thank you for it!

The following users liked this post:
Lowcoe (11-06-2016)
Old 03-05-2016, 10:48 PM
Camel Trophy

Yep, good to see somebody using oil dry besides me.....

Old 03-06-2016, 07:52 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by ihscouts
Yep, good to see somebody using oil dry besides me.....
BWAAHAAHAAAA............YUP.
That's due to the power steering hoses.......Meant to degrease and power wash it fresh yesterday at the car wash.......but it started raining/snowing cat's & dogs when I was out yesterday....

Thanks SHIFTY!!

Old 03-06-2016, 10:16 AM
Camel Trophy

Everything is leaking on mine....... including the owner. Since I'm still knee deep into winter I'll be a few weeks behind you on hosing the hoses. Mine does not come indoors unless it's emergency maintenance, it's an outdoors dog, always has been. It can pee in the gravel all it wants.

Old 03-06-2016, 04:00 PM
Recovery Vehicle

I only pull mine in.......cuzz I can!
I also prefer working on something that's dry, not dripping from rain/snow and most things I've been working on requires an overnight cure or it's ongoing....it gets kicked out during the day.

I'm sure the power steering lines are going to make a hell of a mess when I decide to pull that trigger.

Outside of that, I'm thinking winter will be over soon enough for your outside dog.....it's been a mild one here, I just might have some wood left over this year! But then again, we got a foot of snow March 12th last year.....it ain't over till it's ova'.......

Old 03-06-2016, 04:23 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Ahhh haaa.......meanwhile...........in Michigan.......April 20th.........

Sorry Doug.......

Quick Reply: Super Model With Bad Crack Habit Rehab Build-