Build Threads Create a build thread to compile pictures and descriptions of your LR build.

Super Model With Bad Crack Habit Rehab Build-

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2017, 10:51 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Doug and Norco's......I can see it now, head line reads........Man found dead in a ditch with a mind full of chemicals.........

I got shaved two years ago prior to my double hernia surgery, I like to think the pretty nurse who whispered a prayer in my ear while the anesthesia took effect did the shaving..........My wife jokes it was a big, old, dude nurse......either way, the razor was fresh and sharp!

I left out yesterday that I received a letter from my dear 87 year old Mother. With'in this letter she had added a large, color, Land Rover add featuring 16 'used' Land Rovers from 33-66,000 dollars.........she went on to write how she knows I take care of my cars, but 'hopes I'm not being foolish with my money'.......BWAAHAAHAAAA.......at 87, I guess it doesn't look 20 years old in her eyes, just shiny & white.............I'll clear this up with here tomorrow so to be sure I'm NOT written out of her will........thinking I don't need the money.......

Old 01-14-2017, 01:39 PM
Mudding
Received 148 Likes on 68 Posts

Couldn't see the detail Really wish my TJM bumper was connected like that!

The following users liked this post:
Detoured Discovey (01-14-2017)
Old 01-14-2017, 03:48 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Can cause some shipping issues but outside of that............

Old 01-14-2017, 06:44 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,464 Likes on 1,195 Posts

That's what they make pallets for, or picking up at the source

Old 01-15-2017, 04:20 PM
Recovery Vehicle

The pursuit of happiness.........is there such a thing or is this why dog's chase their tails?............Anywho....

Worked on my thought of getting rid of my factory tail lights and their poor connections and such which will eventually get me pulled over.......only to result in my truck being torn apart and me strip searched on the side of the highway over a poor bulb connection by a trigger happy Sheriff...........

Really, really hard to photograph it turns out.......I made several parts for trial and error......flush, full 3/4" recess in the body (really hard to see) then I decided on the flush mount with recessed box......winner winner, chicken dinner!

The 'total' recessed version was cool, but installing it as a finished product was bound to damage it, took a lot to get it in place....

Settled for the flush mount-recessed box combo.........

There's going to be an exterior cover pcs as well, intentions are pretty much black out lights in LED form. In the picture it lacks the back mounting metal, but hell........that's the flippin easy part!!

Side Notes:
Extremely unimpressed with LR's construction in these corner areas, from interior access to exterior of rear lamp is only a foam sock sealing this area's access.....around it wide open from the ground to your HEADLINER.....you can see the floor looking thru, you can see the roof looking up.....I pulled mud out of the cavity......like A LOT....Like it was intended to seal this entire corner area.........extremely poor engineering.....there's no doubt it helped our headliners fail.....just bad, bad, bad.........

I'll be using multi LED's, some wired thru the trailer harness, others wired direct, if one fails the other is a back up in my eyes.....Goal is pretty much 'black out' when no lights are on.

There's no sign of 'Scouts, someone needs to check on him.........

Voting on Christi Lee will start soon.........

Mean while.......every one can go back to what they weren't doing....

Last edited by Detoured Discovey; 01-15-2017 at 04:38 PM.
Old 01-15-2017, 04:44 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,160 Likes on 836 Posts

Do my eyes detect a red 944 with a fancy aftermarket hood ornament.

Brian.

Old 01-15-2017, 04:53 PM
Recovery Vehicle

LOL......Purchased in '84 in Bangor Maine mall by an 'X'......My father in law loves it!

Old 01-15-2017, 06:11 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 399 Likes on 383 Posts

Where the hell is the 944, I don't see it? Quit messing with me!

I'm here, kinda sorta. One norco at a time instead of two like I was taking (that is very good shiit), gotta keep my knee up (recliner) to get rid of the swelling. I dreamed I had no knee cap anymore, oh look, I don't. Finally took the bandages off this morning, what a mess. Took first shower since Thursday, everyone applauded while removing their masks.

I was gonna start a new thread (somewhere) about "Used older vehicles as dd's" but the meds started wearing off and had to dose up to get UP.... for it. Kinda wandered off for awhile listening to Deadmau5's new album (which goes well with a glass of wine and a norco....). JAM'N! I know how little boy blue got his name; pulling up the anti clotting hose turns anyone blue. That's the most I've exerted myself since the last time I was bound up. It was enjoyable in the Surgery Center though, I got a shot down the nurses smock while she was exerting herself trying to get the damn things on. Lucky me...... a nurse in the OR said my name and asked what I wanted to be called, I said "Dougie Fresh". Never heard the end of it....... at least they got a laugh. I was gonna take a pic of my support hose and then I though maybe not, kinda sorta know what I'll look like in a few years at the old fogies home.

Can't wait to see the new rear! Focus, focus, focus.......Lights!!!

Old 01-15-2017, 07:08 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,160 Likes on 836 Posts

^^^^ no messing with you...just have to look very carefully. What the heck...I'll help you out some.

Brian.

Old 01-15-2017, 08:06 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,464 Likes on 1,195 Posts

You do some really solid work, I was just checking out some of your kit. I really hope you start bring that level of fab to the Rover community.

I just did drop in LED Headlights for the Expedition

Quick Reply: Super Model With Bad Crack Habit Rehab Build-