Build Threads Create a build thread to compile pictures and descriptions of your LR build.

Super Model With Bad Crack Habit Rehab Build-

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 01:27 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 224 Likes on 194 Posts

Pretty much what Bill said.
I think Tactical Rovers is taking the lazy way out by not having a 3rd mounting bolt for each frame rail. Both my HiCountry and RockStar Fab bumpers came with 3 bolts per side. D1 frames already have the perfect spot for the 3rd bolt, right here:
Name:  20170111_132417_zps2izzo3k4.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  285.6 KB

You may not even need to drill, I can't recall.
Tactical Rovers also looks like they slot their mounting holes which doesn't help. I understand why they do it; Rover tolerances weren't the greatest during production.

Last edited by fishEH; 01-11-2017 at 01:29 PM.
Old 01-11-2017, 05:32 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

I'm baffled.......blown mind.......
So, when I basically presented this connection.............

It basically never existed.......
Then I went and fabbed up a super simple bumper which honestly didn't deserve this much connection unless you take recovery seriously..........wow......

Fish, a round hole with a slotted hole is typically acceptable unless there are known production issues with factory connections involved.....but rarely 2 slots.

I think I'm going to step back for station identification for a few days, we have more talent in this thread than most morning shows on the radio and cover more subjects than most morning shows in this one thread alone............just need to figure out which one of you are going to be Christi Lee......every morning show has a Christi Lee......I know who I'm leaning towards.........

Old 01-11-2017, 07:45 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 142 Likes on 113 Posts

That's a great mounting bracket for sure.

Old 01-11-2017, 07:47 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 399 Likes on 383 Posts

Shifty just volunteered to be Cathy Lee.

Old 01-11-2017, 07:56 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,465 Likes on 1,196 Posts

Yes, you gone to a mount system I have not seen before on LR bumpers. I like where your heading and I think it is a righteous design.

Hell even my 110 bumper is only held on with 4 bolts.

Last edited by ArmyRover; 01-11-2017 at 08:00 PM.
Old 01-13-2017, 08:32 AM
Camel Trophy

Hey, I'll be around more often, like four to six weeks in a Norco induced vacation. Nows the time to pick my tiny brain and irritate the snot out of me cuz I'll have the time to reread everything three times and not get lost.

Old 01-13-2017, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator

Rockstar Fab made some great really overbuilt stuff. Loved the back bumper he made for my RRC that thing was bomb proof. His sliders were the cats meow to.

IH make sure you wash down the Narco with beer for the proper effect

Hope you feel better

Old 01-13-2017, 06:25 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Went to use the trailer hitch harness for something this afternoon, do you think it worked? F no........should have seen the surprised look on my face.....NOT.

Feel sorry for those who have dropped money on this brand as a 'new' purchase,
I'm really, really trying.........but I'm looking to trade for a Yugo at this point, which now have more value..........ugh.

Reminds me, walked in tonight, my Directv was out..........contacted them only to be asked if I went thru the 'trouble shooting' list.......I said, 'Lady after a 10 hour day I'm expected to 'trouble shoot' my F'ing tv for my service provider?'......she hung up.....

Old 01-13-2017, 06:41 PM
Super Moderator

lmao...

Old 01-13-2017, 06:42 PM
Camel Trophy

You need a Norco!

I feel GREAT!!!! I can see why people get hooked on em, holy cow. I've yak'd with all my buddies at work, had em all whiz'n themselves. They want me to save a couple..... I was naming snow flakes for awhile today.

It turned out to be a not so quick surgery, lasted an hour and half, I asked as soon as I came to. Torn meniscus that I had to walk on for four plus months until yesterday, talk about grumpy. Right now my left knee is a bandage wad the size of cantaloupe. The worse part of the whole thing was having my leg hair shaved off with a butter knife. Holy God, I know what a chicken would feel like being plucked. I literally asked the nurse if I could do it, my hand was almost to the razor.......

Sorry about your harness but like you say, surprised uh uh. Buy a Chevy and Dish is no better to deal with, I can't understand Indian spoken real fast by a guy named "Todd". Apparently they let one of their three satellites burn up and didn't tell anyone about the other two remaining being upgraded and your receiver not picking up their signal until one day you have zero channels. $153 dollar rebate later I got a picture again. Talk about a bitch fight. Time to drag out the 50' TV mast and go with a rotary dial party line.

Quick Reply: Super Model With Bad Crack Habit Rehab Build-