Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

ABS needed?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 02:29 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS needed?

my truck has super sensitive ABS brakes, It seems like it comes on when it senses the smallest lockup. I know thts what its designed to do but I almost feel in more control when I can actually feel the wheels lock-up. Not to mention that when off-road going down a muddy hill its actually scary. ALL my other vehicles have not had ABS like this and my off-road rigs had no ABS. I know ABS is safer etc etc but it actually seems to make things worse for me. If I simply pull the ABS fuse will it just allow the tires to lock up?. I might do this to make it more comfortable for me. Please no "safety" lectures about the ABS system, I know what its for and how its supposed to make things "safer". Its just that I actually prefer feeling the tires lock up.

Old 02-17-2011, 02:36 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AKdisco
my truck has super sensitive ABS brakes, It seems like it comes on when it senses the smallest lockup. I know thts what its designed to do but I almost feel in more control when I can actually feel the wheels lock-up. Not to mention that when off-road going down a muddy hill its actually scary. ALL my other vehicles have not had ABS like this and my off-road rigs had no ABS. I know ABS is safer etc etc but it actually seems to make things worse for me. If I simply pull the ABS fuse will it just allow the tires to lock up?. I might do this to make it more comfortable for me. Please no "safety" lectures about the ABS system, I know what its for and how its supposed to make things "safer". Its just that I actually prefer feeling the tires lock up.
The majority of people on here say pull the fuse. Find my thread called ABS = annoying..yeah. and read all of that

Old 02-17-2011, 03:12 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just pull it

Originally Posted by AKdisco
With the fuse pulled, YOU control if they lock up or not and you avoid the system failing to stop you when you need it.

Just pull it. Or read 32 pages of very opinionated, heated discussions.

Old 02-17-2011, 03:54 PM
Mudding

I pulled mine after not being able to stop at all in the snow or ice, much better without it in my opinion.

Old 02-17-2011, 06:49 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Pull the ABS pump fuse from under the hood, if you pull the ABS fuse from under the dash the ABS pump will still be active and can still give you fits.
open the fuse box the passenger fender and on the inside of the box is a diagram with the fuse location on it.

Old 02-22-2011, 02:41 PM
Mudding
Default hey

pulled ABS fuse.................MUCH BETTER!!!!!! I"M IN CONTROL NOW!.

Old 02-22-2011, 02:41 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

W00t!