Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

ALARM & Driver Door Issue ((Searched ad nauseum))

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2016, 02:37 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have read in another thread too provide 12v back and forth between blue/Green and Yellow/pink.

In this thread it seems to indicate just provide 12v to Yellow/pink. Anyone got an idea on which it should be?

so far I've tried it both ways 5 times to simulate door key being done 5 times. Still no check engine light still no start.

Should I hear/see lock move in driver door move?

Cant tell if Im getting good contact. Few times it sparked but most times not.

DESPERATE. I need this car running. Its all I got now. Shop can't even take it in for another two weeks.

Old 03-27-2016, 06:22 PM
Three Wheeling

found this in another thread... see the FIVE MINUTE RULE in the quote

The code is recorded on the security information card and is entered as follows:
1. Using the key, turn the driver's door lock to the UNLOCK position and hold in this position for at least 5 seconds. An audible warning is then emitted to indicate that the body control unit is ready to accept the code. Return the key to the centre position. It is now possible to use the key to enter the separate numerical values of the four digits that make up the EKA code.
2. Enter the first digit of the code. If the first digit is 4, turn the key to the UNLOCK position 4 times. Ensure the key is fully returned to the centre position after each turn of the key.
3. Enter the second digit of the code. If the second digit is 3, turn the key to the LOCK position 3 times. Ensure the key is fully returned to the centre position after each turn of the key.
4. Enter the third digit of the code. If the third digit is 2, turn the key to the UNLOCK position twice. Ensure the key is fully returned to the centre position after each turn of the key.
5. Enter the fourth digit of the code. If the fourth digit is 1, turn the key to the LOCK position once. Ensure the key is fully returned to the centre position after each turn of the key.
6. Finally, turn the key to the UNLOCK position and back to the centre position, a double bleep will indicate that the code has been entered correctly. A single bleep indicates that the code has been entered incorrectly.

Then, before opening the door, wait 5 minutes for the alarm and immobiliser to be de-activated. During the 5 minute wait for the alarm and immobiliser to be de-activated, the alarm indicator LED in the instrument pack continues to flash (one flash every 2 seconds). DO NOT OPEN THE DOOR OR ATTEMPT TO ENTER THE CAR until the full delay period has elapsed.

When the 5 minute wait has elapsed, the alarm indicator LED stops flashing. Immediately open the door, insert the key in the ignition switch and turn the switch to position II. If the ignition switch is not turned to position II within 30 seconds of the end of the 5 minute wait, the engine is automatically immobilised again.
The EKA code will not be recognised if there is an interval of 10 seconds or more between key turns or if the key is held turned for 5 seconds or more during the procedure.

In some system configurations a successful EKA code entry is indicated by the audible warning device pulsing twice for a period of 50 ms on, 200 ms off. The theft deterrent LED is switched on for 1 second, all doors unlock, the alarm disarms and the vehicle is remobilised allowing the engine to start.

If an incorrect code is entered, an audible warning is emitted and the procedure must be repeated. Up to a maximum of 10 attempts to enter the code is possible. After 10 attempts, the BCU will not allow any further codes to be entered for a period of 10 minutes.
NOt sure if this is important cause it seems to be procedure for a Disco II

Last edited by Coachgeo; 03-27-2016 at 06:34 PM.
Old 03-27-2016, 06:24 PM
Three Wheeling

ALARM LIGHT..... On my rig the little LED no longer flashes on the dash just above steering wheel. No clue what this means.

Last edited by Coachgeo; 03-27-2016 at 06:33 PM.