Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Bumper project...

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 11:20 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Bumper project...

Hi!

I'm moving into the next part of my '97 Discovery rebuild.

I need some help, I'm trying to find a new treadstrip for the rear bumper, I have found most of the pieces to fix the rear bumper (around $400), but, I can't find a treadstrip replacement, the few I have found, are in horrible shape.

At this point, I'm wondering if I should simply consider an aftermarket front and rear bumper.

I'm a little clueless, who makes aftermarket bumpers? Any recommendations? Or where could I buy a front and rear bumper, that would be in better shape then my current...plastic things I have currently?

Any help would be awesome,
Thank you!
Kalev

Attached Thumbnails Bumper project...-photo-3.jpg   Bumper project...-photo.jpg  
Old 12-12-2013, 11:41 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 399 Likes on 383 Posts

Not a big fan of plastic other than saving ounces. Try Lucky8, they have several big name aftermarket to choose from. Don't have a heart attack at the prices, it really comes down to; "What do you want to do with your truck?" Spending $400 on replacing stock isn't cheap. Though thing about the rear bumper is what's underneath it, funky funky framework. Any bone yards in your area?

Old 12-13-2013, 12:12 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by ihscouts
Not a big fan of plastic other than saving ounces. Try Lucky8, they have several big name aftermarket to choose from. Don't have a heart attack at the prices, it really comes down to; "What do you want to do with your truck?" Spending $400 on replacing stock isn't cheap. Though thing about the rear bumper is what's underneath it, funky funky framework. Any bone yards in your area?
Perfect! I will take a look, thank you!

I'm at that point, where, if I'm going to spend the money, it would almost be better to upgrade then to simply stay with stock

We do have a few bone yards in the area, but the vehicles, well they aren't in that of great of shape, so it can be a little hard, almost impossible to find what you need.

Thank you again!

Last edited by Kalev; 12-13-2013 at 12:14 AM.
Old 12-13-2013, 02:01 AM
Baja
Received 717 Likes on 622 Posts

What part of California are you in? I have a few bumpers I could sell you at way less than 400! Im in Southern California, Huntington Beach to be exact.

Old 12-13-2013, 10:17 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by abran
What part of California are you in? I have a few bumpers I could sell you at way less than 400! Im in Southern California, Huntington Beach to be exact.
Oh that would be great, but sadly, I have been temporarily relocated for work, so I wont be back in state for awhile Thank you for the offer!