Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Discovery 1 Mild Trail Build

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2019, 01:49 PM
Mudding
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by _ExpeditionMan
So what was the issue/resolution for your central locking issue? I currently have a few issues associated with mine.
Well I had a few different issues with it. First one was that the connector on the actuator on the driver door was loose, so tightened that with a zip tie and that worked fine. Next I had an issue where after locking and unlocking the door, the latch would not work to open the door. I determined that the spring inside the door (when you look inside the door its the vertical one that is on the far outward side of the door) was too stiff and was causing the handle to not grab onto it after locking. I simply took the spring off to test this theory and it worked, so I went and fashioned a spring from the tool box to fit which was much softer and now it works like a charm.

Old 04-08-2019, 06:29 PM
Mudding

UPDATE TIME!

So since the last time I posted here is what has been done:
- finished the entire brake system, new lines/fittings front to back, new rear calipers with new pads, front calipers rebuilt with new pads, machined rotors, bled system fully, new master cylinder
- changed coolant and thermostat
-greased wheel bearings

I did a bunch of other stuff that I cant remember now, but basically she runs and drives now. I found a few new problems, the power steering pump squeals like crazy and I think the alternator is going so I have to look at that, and the windshield leaks. My list is getting a lot shorter though, so looking like it will be road ready within a month or 2. Then on to adding some fun accessories and doing some paint work to really finish it off.

Old 04-08-2019, 07:46 PM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice looking LR

Old 04-09-2019, 07:52 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by dialtonehero57
Very nice looking LR
Thanks! Still lots more to come. Cant wait to finish up the mechanicals so I can start cosmetic work like repainting all of the trim and bumpers, trimming the front bumper, and doing the interior.

Old 04-09-2019, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,464 Likes on 1,195 Posts

Always seems like there is one more thing that needs to be done before the fun stuff can begin

Old 04-09-2019, 04:43 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by ArmyRover
Always seems like there is one more thing that needs to be done before the fun stuff can begin
Aint that the truth

Old 06-07-2019, 05:08 PM
Mudding

UPDATE 2019 JUNE

So lots has happened in the last while, and she is finally on the road. Still lots to do, but at least the majority of the hard work is done.

Since the last update, I replaced the steering with HD bars and new tie rod ends. Fixed the headliner, which I painted, then reinstalled it. Fixed a bunch of other things like the tailgate door stop that broke. Did a self alignment, did a bunch of paint work on the rear bumper, spare wheel, hitch, etc. Removed lower front bumper. Chopped the mud flap mounting brackets, and did a few other clean up things.

Still to go in the near future: More paint work, O2 sensor on pass side, AC recharge, transmission seal, some interior trim work.

Far future: rust repair in floor, some seat modifications.

All the new parts installed, along with insurance and safety done. Road ready!

rear bumper repainted including plastic end caps, all hardware replaced with stainless steel, including the screws for the reflectors. Painted the tailgate handle and the spare wheel and lugnut, as well as the hitch underneath.

Old 06-07-2019, 06:31 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,464 Likes on 1,195 Posts

Its coming right along

Old 06-07-2019, 08:04 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 66 Likes on 63 Posts

Congrats!

Old 06-07-2019, 11:49 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Toran