Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Do you have Sunroof questions?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 03:00 PM
Winching
Location: Oklahoma; where the winds come rolling down the plains.
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I would remove the three #20 torque screws from the motor, remove the motor and then remove the 14 #20 torque screws from the lower frame. Remove the lower frame and you will see the hose attachments there. Re-silicone the hose attchments if needed. Also you can use silicone on the sunroof frame interior roof to re-seal. The interior is a good place to re-seal with silicone because the headliner will cover it up.

Old 01-29-2013, 01:22 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this is an old thread, but I'm having issues with my front sunroof in my DII. It tilts open just fine, and closes again, no issues there.

However, it stopped sliding back. The passenger side moves about 1/2 inch at most, then it all just stops dead.

any ideas?

Thanks!

-Brad

Old 01-29-2013, 07:56 PM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Start a new thread. I think there is a spot you can insert an Allen wrench into and manually move it, but I don't have them and am proud of it.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:10 AM
Drifting
Default rear sunroof opens when I start the rover

Currently I have the fuse pulled for the sunroof circuit because every time I start the truck the sunroof opens on its own..and sometimes hangs up when I try to close it..not a big deal but would like to use them in the summer..I have had a leak from the headliner area around the control switch before..only once though..

Old 03-05-2013, 10:03 AM
Super Moderator

The sunroof control module, being electronic, won't need much of a ground (corrosion) in a switch to do what you describe.

Old 03-05-2013, 02:43 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sun roof jam

Originally Posted by bradbenz
I know this is an old thread, but I'm having issues with my front sunroof in my DII. It tilts open just fine, and closes again, no issues there.

However, it stopped sliding back. The passenger side moves about 1/2 inch at most, then it all just stops dead.

any ideas?

Thanks!

-Brad
The sunroof control module determines when the sunroof is full opened or closed by the amount of current the motor draws. Since a jam looks like the roof has reached it's limit, it turns off the motor.

The question is why the roof jams. This is something you'll need to disassemble the roof to find out. It could be a broken part, bent part, or debris in the tracks.

Given what I've seen in my repairs, you might very well find all three.

I've taken photos of all of the parts of the roof while I was repairing mine. When I get a chance, I'll post a write up. It'll be a few days.

Last edited by gprtech; 03-05-2013 at 02:46 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator

Why would it start to move at initial engine start?

Old 03-06-2013, 06:47 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My response was not for that person. However, either the switch is shorted or the module is defective.

Old 12-29-2015, 01:09 PM
Three Wheeling

Front sunroof wont close all the way. Remains open ... rear side popped up.

It's winter and I don't mind just getting it closed and not have a functioning sunroof for now.

What do you recommend?

Old 12-30-2015, 11:00 AM
Mudding
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default yes - from other post

The headliner is coming out for recovering but the sunroof is leaking.. at the motor gear hole. have not see threads about that yet.
the questions..
1) I cannot turn this motor with the allen wrench will not budge. but the motor runs. (yes i ran it while not installed... - is this normal?
2) any trick to get the motor reset back to the closed position - it seems to have a group of presets based on a magnet in a wheel.
3) i will remove and refit the sunroof if needed as described in other threads but want to confirm that no one has a quicker fix for the "from the motor hole" leak.

Also, the rubber in the sunroofs are not shown or mentioned in the rave or at BAtlantic - ?? are they not replaceable??

I ask this in another thread - in case a mod wants to combine them.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Do you have Sunroof questions?