Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Drivetrain Noise

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 09:10 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I guess you don't like Jeff Foxworthy or Larry the Cable Guy either.

We got a saying down home on the farm: "If you can't hang with the big dogs, then just hide under the porch with the rest of the pups."

If you can't look at it from a humourous viewpoint, you'll suffer that much worse with it.

I hope you are able to resolve it, don't waste your energy getting made and trying to insult me. Good luck with your efforts towarding finding the problem and fixing it. We might all learn from your experiences.

But like I said, I didn't do it, so you gonna get mad, get mad at yourself. Otherwise get over it.

You may be able to track it down by seeing where the burning smell is emanating from. Drop the tranny pan and see what condition the internals are in.

Last edited by Danny Lee 97 Disco; 10-04-2010 at 09:14 PM.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:12 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you checked the transfer case oil recently???? But my thought would be more of a trans problem since your saying its only going into just 1-2 gears. But if it made a squeel and your smelling something burnt if you crawl under the truck it might be pretty easy to spot your problem.

Old 10-06-2010, 08:23 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

As I remember, there was another fellow about a month ago, who started a thread saying his Disco would not go in forward or reverse. After several questions were asked, on about page 3 of his thread he finally told us his wife had driven it about 20 miles with it jerking and straining and just as she got almost home, it did not want to go anymore. I don't think he ever got back to us with what he found.

When are people going to realize that the further you push these vehicles when there are problems, the more damage you induce and ultimately the higher the repair cost.

It seems like every month, somebody new comes along with a horror story like that about a "new" to them Disco they just bought and wonder what could be wrong with it now. Lots of them end up being parted out or resold whole on Craig's List to the next sucker that comes along. And they get mad and offensive if you don't pamper them and tell them everything will be OK.

Old 12-09-2010, 02:22 PM
Drifting

Hey bonza, did u ever locate the problem? Mine started having the same symptoms yesterday, no High pitched Squeal yet...

Old 12-25-2010, 11:35 AM
Drifting

Took it to the shop the other day, and they couldn't figure out what the problem was.... Please someone help so i dont have to take it to LR. PLEASE!