Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

driving my 97 disco x-country

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 04:36 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep in mind that there are Land Rover Clubs that can help if needed.

We have a Great Club in Dallas Tx if you are going I-10 to I-20 to I-30.

Old 10-04-2010, 07:15 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default National Network of Land Rover Discovery Owners

Originally Posted by leadfoot
Danny, that is a great idea.
Actually for any body going on a long trip, if you are passing by central Illinois, count on my garage, tools and a cold drink anytime. Heck, just stop for the drink and some chat if nothing else. I have some good stories to tell.

Same here, I would happily participate in an informal support network to assist other Discovery owners when traveling. I got plenty of room to park several of them in my driveway an turnaround area as well as a ramp into the back yard for the BBQ pit and the outdoor party pavillion.

I am just minutes from the Pa Turnpike on the eastern fringe of Pittsburgh.

We should do a national map and identify member locations and contact data. It might make a tremendous difference to someone one day should they encounter a problem on the road.

Happy DI Owner: I agree with you completely. A trip in a well maintained Discovery that you have owned and kept up on the maintenance should be a pleasure to travel in.

One described as this thread began with would be like traveling and a wing and a prayer. Throw all caution to wind, full steam ahead (as far as it will make it).

One other side note that I find very interesting is that you are planning on traveling through Death Valley. Are you aware of how it earned it's name?

See if you spot any abandomned vehicles carcasses still littering the desert landscape. That used to prevalent there at one time. From the days of wagon trains on up to the new fangled horseless carriages.

Have fun on your trip.

Old 10-04-2010, 07:40 PM
TReK
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OP is probably taking I-40 which isn't close to me but if you take a route close to north metro atlanta feel free to PM me and I'll give you my number.

Old 10-04-2010, 08:13 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 84 Likes on 73 Posts

If you are on I-70 through Missouri, give me a shout as I'm maybe 4 miles from the highway in Columbia (pretty much dead middle of Missouri).

Old 10-04-2010, 08:49 PM
TReK
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

And if you get really lost and find yourself on a ferry heading for Ketchikan, I can help you out after I laugh at you.

Oh, and if it were me, I'd fix it and drive it.

Old 10-04-2010, 09:02 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts
Old 10-04-2010, 09:28 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Repair : 500 hundred dollars. Or so Spike says.

Advice from Spike: Priceless..................

Old 10-04-2010, 10:17 PM
Winching
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you drive close to chattanooga I'm here. I might not know too much but can handle most the basic stuff.

Old 10-06-2010, 11:19 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I 70

Originally Posted by lordmorpheus
If you are on I-70 through Missouri, give me a shout as I'm maybe 4 miles from the highway in Columbia (pretty much dead middle of Missouri).
I drive often from Peoria, IL to Topeka, KS and Columbia sure feels like half of the trip, not just half of MO

Old 10-06-2010, 11:36 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 84 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by leadfoot
I drive often from Peoria, IL to Topeka, KS and Columbia sure feels like half of the trip, not just half of MO
Lol, I remember growing up in St Louis and driving to Overland Park, Ks for family get togethers, and I felt the same way. I think Columbia being the only decently sized city on I-70 between St. Louis and the Kansas City area makes it seem like "whew, I've made it this far, I can survive the remainder."

Quick Reply: driving my 97 disco x-country