Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Fuel pump no power

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011 | 04:01 PM
|
7th Gear
Default Fuel pump no power

I have downloaded the RAVE but have found no wire schematics and found it slightly confusing as it covers so many years.
My 1997 Disco has the pump with advanced emissions and I am trying to confirm it ha son power and where my fuel pump relays are, I think mine is the module under hood as I do not see the relay with blue base on rh kick panel like RAVE talks about! I can troubleshoot most things no trouble but need test points and system components locations.
Please help if you can I installed a used pump a year ago so I thought it failed. right now it looks like no power to the pump but I am not sure I'm testing the right wires. Thanks for any help. I was not able to find specifics after a ton of reading online so here I am. Thank you for your time.

Old 10-02-2011 | 04:05 PM
Administrator

Send me your number and I'll be glad to walk you thru what to do and check.

Old 10-02-2011 | 04:14 PM
Baja

Originally Posted by aerialimage
I have downloaded the RAVE but have found no wire schematics and found it slightly confusing as it covers so many years.
Download this version of RAVE
http://www.green-oval.com/data/lr/rave03.iso
It has the 1997 Export specific ETM.
You'll need to burn it to CD or install a free virtual CD drive like Daemon Tools Lite.
http://www.daemon-tools.cc/eng/products/dtLite

If you're still having problems figuring it out post back and I'll reply here so everyone has the info.

Old 10-02-2011 | 05:38 PM
|
7th Gear

Originally Posted by Disco Mike
Send me your number and I'll be glad to walk you thru what to do and check.
Don't think I can PM yet until I have been a member for a little longer and upgrade account?
I can reply to any e mails with my phone if that works.
Thanks a bunch for everyones help so far.
aerialimage@comcast.net

Old 10-02-2011 | 07:31 PM
Super Moderator

In the RAVE download, find file "PDF". In that file, go to directory "L J" . In there is the D1 stuff, the wiring diagrams are in the files that start with "ETL", like "etlj970x". You have a body/interior manual, 3 electrical manuals (various years), workshop manual, owner's manual. Includes location photos, etc.

Old 10-02-2011 | 07:52 PM
|
7th Gear

Originally Posted by Savannah Buzz
In the RAVE download, find file "PDF". In that file, go to directory "L J" . In there is the D1 stuff, the wiring diagrams are in the files that start with "ETL", like "etlj970x". You have a body/interior manual, 3 electrical manuals (various years), workshop manual, owner's manual. Includes location photos, etc.
Thanks, I burned it to disk but maybe I'm having trouble because I'm on a mac?
I have all the folders and pdf files but every page comes up blank?

Old 10-02-2011 | 08:32 PM
Super Moderator

OK, the old skool way -

relay is under right hand side kick panel, top row of relays, should have white/orange, white purple, and blue/purple wires coming out of it. And others.

Relay is fed by engine fuse box F6 (15 amp) and under dash satellite fuse strip F3 (10 amp).

Relay controls heat to the O2 sensors (white orange), evap on white/purple, and runs thru alarm immobilization "spider", then to inertia switch (push top of it to reset), then to fuel pump.

So be sure to check fuses and inertia switch. Power at the pump is on white/purple, pin 4 of the connector, 3 & 2 of that connector are ground.

Is there not a way Mac owners can run a virtual PC to allow pdfs, or some sort of conversion software?

Old 10-04-2011 | 08:12 AM
|
7th Gear

OK, the old skool way -

relay is under right hand side kick panel, top row of relays, should have white/orange, white purple, and blue/purple wires coming out of it. And others.

Relay is fed by engine fuse box F6 (15 amp) and under dash satellite fuse strip F3 (10 amp).

Relay controls heat to the O2 sensors (white orange), evap on white/purple, and runs thru alarm immobilization "spider", then to inertia switch (push top of it to reset), then to fuel pump.

So be sure to check fuses and inertia switch. Power at the pump is on white/purple, pin 4 of the connector, 3 & 2 of that connector are ground.

Is there not a way Mac owners can run a virtual PC to allow pdfs, or some sort of conversion software?
I think on my advanced emissions 1997 disco I have no fuel pump relay behind RH kick panel, I read someplace that it would have a blue base, I did find the combo relay box under hood on passenger side, After gently prying the cover off I found three relays on 1 board. If I actuate the top relay It latches The second small relay below it and the fuel pump gets power and runs. I still do not have any wiring diagram or any description of the entire fuel system so I am not sure what to check next. At this point I only know the fuel pump runs and wiring is complete from relay to pump. Does anyone know any website that has a diagram or a good description of the fuel system so I can figure out where to look next?
Thanks to everyone for the help It was nice to hear the engine run again after sitting for a long time. Can't wait to be able to drive it again.

Old 10-04-2011 | 09:39 AM
Super Moderator

Here's some more, perhaps Mac will see this:

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
d1 start relay pix.PDF (260.3 KB, 205 views)
File Type: pdf
d1 start.PDF (1.72 MB, 141 views)
Old 10-04-2011 | 01:18 PM
|
7th Gear

Here's some more, perhaps Mac will see this:
No trouble at all viewing those, Only problem was it all looked like start charge system only nothing referring to the fuel delivery system. Thank you very much for taking the time to post them for me though!

Last edited by aerialimage; 10-04-2011 at 02:07 PM.

Quick Reply: Fuel pump no power