Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Headliner Option LINe X

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 09:59 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Ed!

I noticed when I removed the sunroofs that the drain tubes came off pretty easy. I also noticed that one sunroof was much easier to remove from the body, wondered if it might be more leak-prone.

vince

Old 04-18-2011, 09:07 AM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by prairie boy
For all the whining I see people doing about their sunroofs leaking, not once does anyone say just where they leak from. The frame to body mounting, a cracked drain, the sunroof to frame seal, or what? How about some useful information?

Thanks,

vince
Pardon me for me interpreting you as a bit rude... but this is a relatively tight community. We share information; if the 'useful information' was something other than the known issues (aforementioned by hilltoppersx), I'm sure it would be here somewhere. Whining isn't exactly what I would call discussing these issues.

That said, my drains are clean and rails are good. Seals (upon brief inspection) look good, yet every time it rains I get water coming in the rear-air vents. I haven't had the liner out while raining to witness more closely, but can only imagine if it's not the sunroofs it's magic. When the water gets in, it can slosh around in the headliner, making it more confusing to figure out where it's actually coming in. Not to mention waters ability to traverse all kinds of vehicular obstacles (lol). I did notice my rear glass is loose; not in the track but where it actually bolts to the guides with allen head screws. I assume this could cause misalignment when closed and allow water to get it. I'm going to fart with it this week in hopes to fix it. I'll be sure to advise my findings, as leaking roofs can be a real pain.

And just for conversation - I LOVE my dual roofs. If I didn't have them I wouldn't miss them, but I couldn't have another rover without them. If it's above freezing, mine are open. I suppose I could just leave them open since my interior gets wet anyway. HA!

Old 04-23-2011, 12:18 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No intention to be rude, but I was surprised when I asked if it was possible to retrofit oem sunroofs how many people were quick to tell me I shouldn't do that, without giving me any info about why they were leaking.

Of course, the sunroofs in the junkyard I was looking at weren't leaking. Past experience tells me there's gotta be a reason for the leakage, and it can be fixed somehow.

I noticed when taking the sunroofs out that the sealer holding one roof to the body was not holding it in place as well as the other one, making it a logical place for leakage.

Be interesting to hear what you find as the reason for the leakage with your Rover...

Thanks,

vince