Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

HomeLink

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 11:20 AM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by doorfixer
I stumbled across your post about homelink. It is relatively easy to program but is never explained well in owners manuals. It should be able to open most any remote controlled garage door that you have a working remote for. If you have a rolling code style door opener it may be a Genie Intellicode, Overhead door code-dodger, or Security plus lift master, chamberlain, or sears. It can usually handle any of these. I own a garage door company and am extra familiar with all of them. Any questions let me know.
Ok so ive noticed that people are coming across different color lights on their homelink system. I have a garage door with rolling codes and my 99 disco II has an orange light.
I held 1&3 down until blinked. Then pushed and held door opener and button of my choice down until it blinked at a different pace and light shut off. Then released both opener and button and it now opens my garage door. Good luck.

Old 12-07-2012, 04:59 AM
1st Gear
Default HomeLink

Thank you for sharing it to us. It will help it to us someday if have prloblems about homelink garage openers.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:05 AM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by MoonDisco
Ok so ive noticed that people are coming across different color lights on their homelink system. I have a garage door with rolling codes and my 99 disco II has an orange light.
I held 1&3 down until blinked. Then pushed and held door opener and button of my choice down until it blinked at a different pace and light shut off. Then released both opener and button and it now opens my garage door. Good luck.
Once you've programmed your Disco home-link button, you may also need to program your garage door opener for the new "remote" (Disco homelink). Usually there's a button on the garage door opener itself to allow it to sync to a new transmitter; hit that button, then hit the homelink button and it'll accept the Disco as a new transmitter.

Same process for my 1998 D1 as my 2011 335i. Technology must not have changed much.

Old 12-08-2012, 12:22 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by joefresso
All Electrical works in car, minus the factory HomeLink. There is no blinking light when buttons are pressed so I took it down and see that it's plugged in. Far as I can tell there is no fuse dedicated to this, but the manual doesn't mention it at all. Any thoughts?
i noticed there was nothing in index regarding hime link but look in your manual again and see the tabs extending out of the book??? You will find a tab that says homelink. Itll take you from there