Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

How much is my 99 Disco worth?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 03:59 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking How much is my 99 Disco worth?

I'm moving to California in a couple months so I'm selling my 99 disco and was wondering how much I should sell it for? KBB says $4,250 Retail and $3,250 private party. Just wondering how accurate this was and if anyone knew what it is actually worth. Body and interior both in excellent condition.

Old 02-20-2012, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator
Received 83 Likes on 80 Posts

You can also use www.statewidelist.com and look at all Rovers on craigslist in your state, it will sort by metro area. That way you'll know what is out there, and how to price yours at a fair price that will move quickly.

Old 02-20-2012, 11:05 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's hard to say really, in nice shape they can bring decent money but you have to be patient. If you list it on CL you'll get 400 tire kickers and cheapskates for every serious interest. KBB is a good place to start but remember that KBB "good" condition accounts for all sorts of defects yours may or may not have so it's really just a guess. If you feel it's nicer than most, price it that way. If you think it's average, price it within reason but add a few bills so someone can feel like they are getting a deal when they haggle you. Remember no matter how cheap you price it, someone will always offer you less so it's smart to pad the asking price a little.

I will say that a detailed at, good pictures and an overall knowledge of your vehicle will help you get more money. A good cleaning also helps the presentation, a spotless POS will bring more money than a dirty vehicle that is in perfect mechanical shape, that's just how the market goes.

I think $3250 is on the low side personally, they bring more than that up here with no problem. I sort of think they fall into that category where they are worth whatever someone will pay. Finding a nice one is impossible as 99% of these on the market are junk so if yours is nice, make whoever is looking at it pay for it. If it's what they want they wont bother with the price much because anyone in search of a Disco knows how hard it is to find one that isnt roached out and beat on.

Old 02-21-2012, 02:18 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sadly, they are only worth what someone is willing to pay. And the value varies widely based upon the condition and appearance.

Seems you just got this one, are you giving up so soon?