Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Motor Mounts

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 12:23 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Banzai Jimmy
You would consider this one better at not breaking than M.I.T. mounts or QT mounts on a rock crawling rig? Do tell...

I too broke many stock style mounts doing rock crawling and such, and finally went to QT mounts for the engine and using stock style (for now) in the back. I wasn't aware of M.I.T.'s mounts (MIT Automotive - Evergreen's only Land Rover and BMW Service and Repair Facility) when I bought the QTs - would have liked to check his out first (since he's local to me).

never heard of MIT. you know someone running them? the Jag mounts are stronger than the stock rover mounts. and cost $24 a pair. the QT mounts are a bit more expensive wouldnt you say?

Old 05-20-2012, 01:43 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 225 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by hilltoppersx
never heard of MIT. you know someone running them? the Jag mounts are stronger than the stock rover mounts. and cost $24 a pair. the QT mounts are a bit more expensive wouldnt you say?
Wow, that's a good price. I think I paid almost $15 a piece from Rock Auto plus $10 shipping.

Old 05-20-2012, 02:58 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by hilltoppersx
I bet I do know someone who's running them, but just don't know that they are running them. I don't typically poke my head under the hoods of other people's rigs to see what motor mounts they're using. Now that I'm thinking of it, I'll throw that question onto the club's forum... see who pops up.

The Jag mounts are stronger than the stock mounts. Are the Jag mounts stronger than QT mounts? Didn't see an answer to this question the first time it was asked.

Sure, the Jag mount costs less. I was tired of low-cost solutions which were failing me and I wasn't willing to try the Jag mounts just to find I could break them too - I wasn't in a gambling mood by that point. I was in a be-done-with-it mood and ponied up the dough for the QTs. That way, it was done and no longer a concern.

If the OP's friend wants a better CHEAP solution, go Jag mounts. If the OP's friend wants a permanent solution, go QTs or MITs.

The Jag mount will fail eventually and when it does it'll be just like having a failed OEM-style mount. If there's a bushing failure on a QT mount, the engine won't be going anywhere. You get what you pay for.

Old 05-20-2012, 03:12 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

if money is no concern i would have mounts made of diamond. its far stronger than the QT mounts and will have just as much give.