Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

new to forum, questions about 04 disco

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011 | 05:29 PM
|
Mudding
Default new to forum, questions about 04 disco

Hello all, I recently purchased my second disco, my first was a 97 which had all kinds of problems. After a few years of wanting another newer disco and a ton of reading up on them, I went and bought an 04. Anyways, it runs great, looks and smells brand new, all the scheduled maintenance was kept up on it by the original owner, every 7500 miles up until around 55k. Well I bought it with 74k on it and everything is fine except fo a few things so i was hoping i may be able to get some help with it. First thing, on the inside of the front driver side wheel, there is a build up of some kind of oily substance, it almost seems like power steering fluid, when I look around inside the wheel, I can see the black rubber cone looking thing (sorry I can't think of what it's called) has something dripping from it, and I am pretty sure it's i direct cause of my front end vibrating between 45-50 mph. I took it and had it balanced but it didn't help at all. Problem 2. There is a small oil leak that only occurs when I park it downhill, it seems like the gasket (if there is one) has gone bad on the oil pan because I dont see any oil coming from the engine, just the pan. Problem 3. A few days after owning the disco, it overheated sitting in a parking lot, luckily I saw it as soon as the needle started to raise, turned the heat on, let the engine cool back down, then parked it for a few. The next morning I check the coolant level and there was none, so easy fix, right? Well I filled it up and everything was fine. Checked the levels again about a month later and the coolant level was about 3/4 the ways down, filled it back up and went on my way, maybe it's just because it's been 100 degrees every day here, but there is no leak of any kind from it. Last problem. SES light came on the other night, got it read and it was a P0455, large evap leak, tightened the gas cap since the gf had been driving it, reset the light and forgot about it. I haven't seen it come back on but I haven't driven it that much since, maybe 75 miles, could it be anything else?? Sorry, I know it's a lot coming from someone new to this forum but there seems to be a lot of people on here that know just about everything about rovers, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Old 06-05-2011 | 05:37 PM
|
Mudding

nevermind, i moved this thread to the disco 2 section

Old 06-05-2011 | 05:39 PM
Winching

1. You're posting in the D1 forum, you'll get faster responses in the D2 forum.

Anyway, the boot I believe is the C/V joint, sounds like it needs replaced. Have you checked your oil after overheating?

Go to the D2 forum and go to this link, it'll tell you what you need to do to your new used disco. Happy rovering..

https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...service-29020/