Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

New vs Old Camshaft

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 07:06 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

IHScout, great advice, right on target. I agree you cannot feel those tight tolerances. I used to be facinated watching a couple of my Inspectors do the geometric tolerances when inspecting precison weldments and such on suface plates with the dial indicators. Just the setup was amazing. And most of their equipment was vintage Starrett.

Great story about the village. I would love to visit those areas on a long leasurely trip some summer. Guess they evolved into the Discovery, basically all the V8 Rovers.

I had a classmate with the MGBGT V8. What a ride. And the TRV and early Rover cars. I read about the development of the first Range Rover. It was the nephew (?) of the company owner and he held a Land Speed Record with a late 40's or early 0's Jaguar I think it was. They said he took a corporate German buyer on a test drive. Took him rushing thru a field and cross country and the guy immediately placed an order.

I know what you mean about the real trucks. My 67 Chevy Van playtoy had a PowerPack factory 283 in between the bucket seats and a three speed on the column.

Also liked the old Jeepster Commandos, the early dodge Power Wagons. My Dodge RamCharger had a 360 in it on MT35's. The only power was my right foot.