Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Radio "CODE". Disconnected battery.

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 08:11 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Radio "CODE". Disconnected battery.

Tried to figure out the "CODE" to get the radio working after removing and cleaning the battery cables. Just basic maintenance stuff that led to this puzzle.

The manuals and all of the records came with this used 1997 Disco I. The manual indicates that the "codes" can be found on the two cards that came with the vehicles.

I have two credit card size plastic cards with the VIN# and an additional 5 digit number BUT the 5 digit number begins with a 0 (zero). If that is the "code" I must be missing something because the radio does not have a 0 (zero) station key so I can't enter the "code".

Any ideas? Anyone?

Attached Thumbnails Radio "CODE". Disconnected battery.-lrcard.jpg  
Old 09-05-2012, 08:59 PM
Rock Crawling

just call your local land rover dealer and give them your vin number. they will give you the radio code for free....

Old 09-06-2012, 11:36 PM
Overlanding

Thanks for the help. Now all I have to do is find a LR dealer. I live in an area that doesn't have a "local' dealer. Thanks again.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:55 AM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lift up the rubber mat in the depression on the top of the dash(just above the radio) and look on the underside of the rubber for a number written in the rubber with a ball point pen (you can see it if you get the light just right). Many dealers had the techs write the radio code there during the Pre Delivery Inspection(at least the one I worked for did and some of the guys who worked at other dealerships did as well). This wasn't a thing that every dealer did, but it won't hurt to look.

Old 03-21-2013, 07:25 PM
2nd Gear
Default Do THIS!!!

Hold down the 1 key. Once the display changes use the channel up and down keys to select 1 number at a time. locking it in with 1. If you mess up you shold be able to do a hard reset this will help you to avoid having to sit through the one hour wait with the key turned on.Most people think this is the only way. To do this pull out your head unit and short the casing to the circuit board via a paper clip using caution to insert the clip as straight as possible. than just try again starting by holding down 1

Last edited by Randall Debow; 03-21-2013 at 07:29 PM.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:36 PM
2nd Gear
Red face I have a que?tion though

I have a 99 and for my model I have a 5 digit code 12315 and i have to just enter it on the memory buttons but when i do it just causes the c00d that was once solid to start flashing no beep no nothing just c00d c00d c00d c00d you get the idea thank you in advance by the way if i am mistakin in how to enter it please let me know it is a Land Rover Discovery SD 1999 Vin#SALJY1247XA796763. Again Thank You..

Old 03-21-2013, 08:11 PM
Rock Crawling

It doesnt matter if its local or not. You could call a dealership on the otherside of the country, it makes no difference.

Old 03-23-2013, 05:30 AM
Overlanding

I'm having the same issues, I have a code in my manual but the radio won't accept, just blinks. I'm at a loss, I think I'm just going to put a new radio in it that doesn't lock.

Old 03-23-2013, 09:57 AM
Rock Crawling

The same answer for you as well. Call your dealer with your vin. The picture of the card he posted is not the card you need. There is an actual card that says radio code on it.

Old 03-23-2013, 10:32 AM
Overlanding

Yeah, my radio isn't the original unit, pereveus owner must have changed it out at some point.

Quick Reply: Radio "CODE". Disconnected battery.