Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Roof Color

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 07:07 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by EricTyrrell
FIFY again...

Attachment 8455

Attachment 8456

Know you wanted a Barbie Duc too
Eric.....Nice bro! Really helpful. You pretty much mad up my mind.

Don't touch the Ducati tho. That bike should be flat black. What I should do is sell it and by something more appropriate for my style and age.

Old 02-17-2012, 07:07 AM
Pro Wrench

....but I swear I don't know Fify. Didn't touch her.

Old 02-17-2012, 07:15 AM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by Rearden Steel
What is KBS self leveling paint?

Two tone in the right combination works. The original pictured D2 not so much. The white Disco's with various parts blacked out look good. Silver and black work also.

My D1's (green) roof and hood are toast........I took it to a local indy, basically a guy working out of his garage and he wants $1,000-$1,200 to repaint.

I considering doing the roof in black "Grizzly Grip". Basically a fine truck bed liner. No going back if I go that route.
Do you know POR15? It's the less expensive version of that. A clean, blast and rust proof paint system that I used on my trucks interior with great results. While using it I noticed that the brush strokes just disappear and it looks sprayed. It formed a hard rock cover, even on silicon. It comes in a bunch of colors and I noticed they have a clear coat as well.

They don't have flat black. They have matte and gloss. I'll probably go with Matte and then lightly spray it with my stove pipe paint after. KBS Coatings - Paint Over Rust - Stop Rust Paint - Gas Tank Sealer - Gas Tank Liner.

The hood and and sides I'm going to polish out. I'll probably put a flat black, black out on the scoop and then only worry about the top edges which aren't as bad. Consensus seems to be that I can restore it.

Mine is a roof job tho. Rust pockets, new seals, etc.

And no Danny. Haven't sorted my floorboard heat yet. I'm underwater for the moment.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:54 AM
Pro Wrench

there's a guy on the other thread who just painted his disco with bedliner. another poster said it would fade but we should consider that option. he has a photo now i cant find it.

we should consider that option for a roof. not me, but we,

Old 02-22-2012, 11:18 AM
TReK
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Danny Lee 97 Disco
I would like the Union Jack but i think it would look best on the hood.

Ultimate is a Zebra Motif with Black and Gold Steelers Nation colors or White and Gold like their road jerseys.
I assume you meant Packers colors...

Old 02-22-2012, 11:44 AM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by slanginsanjuan
there's a guy on the other thread who just painted his disco with bedliner. another poster said it would fade but we should consider that option. he has a photo now i cant find it.

we should consider that option for a roof. not me, but we,
There is an H1 Hummer for sale down the street from me that's been rhino lined or linex. I remember it from about 1996, because the wealthy owner would let his rotten kid drive it to highschool sometimes. In all those years, it's still pretty dark black.

Old 02-23-2012, 08:22 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is an interesting thread about a roll on paint job at...

moparts: paint job on a budget!?

Basically he rollered on Rustoleum thinned out with mineral spirits.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:14 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The guys on HorsePower TV came up with a method of painting that actaully looks like it sat out in the field for the last forty or fifty years with a lot of patina and varying shades, looks pretty good. Really vintage looking stuff.

Even though the Packers won the game, The Steelers Still Have The Best Looking Uniforms, they already got plenty of SuperBowl Wins, 4 by Bradshaw alone. And the most fans at Road Games, that's why it's called The Steeler Nation!

I was Happy Eli beat Brady.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:16 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Make it look like a real safari wagon, give it a canvas top!

Old 02-24-2012, 01:04 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Slanginsanjuan.....I would like to know how the Matte and stove pipe paint comes out. I need to do something with my roof also and think it might look sweet on top of my green paint job!

Quick Reply: Roof Color