Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

So what did you do to your Disco today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 08:17 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

went down the back paddock and tinkered with a burnt out wreck ( interior fire, hot enough to melt the glass and cave in the roof) I bought for some parts a few years back. fired it up and drove it back up to the workshop to cannibalise more off it. Easier to drive than tow with the tractor, and gives a better idea of mechanical condition along the way.
ended up bloody impressed with it, had never heard it run before when towed in. Better brakes than any of my 3 good discos, running sweet, driving smooth. Damn shame it was a declared write off and can never be returned to the road. all that can be legally done is cannibalise her bit by bit. Now just to hope the weather holds good for some transfer case surgery over the next few days or weeks.

Old 04-05-2013, 08:23 AM
4wd Low

Originally Posted by fishEH
Oh, and I got my pneumatic locker switch in the mail today. No electronics or solenoids to fail.

sweet little pneumatic toggle, where did you source it ?

Old 04-06-2013, 02:14 AM
Mudding

took off driver side hub/axle/cv to replace everythig from stub axle to cv joint.found nasty sludge inside,(not to mention the melted cv axle and half shaft.) not too surprised though due to heat that side saw recently. removed driveshafts (both) and started to remove y-pipe so as to be able to access the t -case for tear down in the morning. not looking forward to that after 12 hr shift in busiest ER in the county! hopefully i will have 3-4 large guys to help me out. i guess the beer and burgers will be on me today. today at 0700 ill take off the cross member finish the exhaust tear down, and begin the PITA process of dropping and reinstalling new case. whoooohoooo. first though ill check old case to make sure it is burnt out,but i think a smoking and leaky case is prob. blown.

Old 04-06-2013, 11:05 PM
Mudding

I decided to wash my rims take off the mud and sand them, then paint my rims black. I love the look!!! They look great!

Attached Thumbnails So what did you do to your Disco today?-done.jpg  
Old 04-06-2013, 11:21 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 226 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by bigbadwolf1966
sweet little pneumatic toggle, where did you source it ?
EBay. But Getz Equipment Innovators has them pretty cheap too.

The wheels look great, Chicky!

Old 04-06-2013, 11:33 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by fishEH
EBay. But Getz Equipment Innovators has them pretty cheap too.

The wheels look great, Chicky!
Well thank you! Makes me look a little tougher, I guess makes my truck look awesome.

Old 04-07-2013, 02:17 AM
Mudding

Today got underneath the Disco and found the Rubber spacers either MIA or damaged.
Got steel Coil Spring adjusters a while ago and think to install that in mean time awaiting my new custom made Heavy duty coils. Wondered if it is a good idea?

Attached Thumbnails So what did you do to your Disco today?-coil-spacer.jpg   So what did you do to your Disco today?-mia-spacer.jpg  
Old 04-07-2013, 09:06 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hercu
Today got underneath the Disco and found the Rubber spacers either MIA or damaged.
Got steel Coil Spring adjusters a while ago and think to install that in mean time awaiting my new custom made Heavy duty coils. Wondered if it is a good idea?
I didn't even know they were supposed to have them. I would have removed them from my truck anyway bc I want all the compression I can get on my springs

Old 04-07-2013, 09:44 AM
4wd Low

[QUOTE=fishEH;390394]EBay. But Getz Equipment Innovators has them pretty cheap too.

Cool thanks.

Old 04-07-2013, 10:35 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 226 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by Hercu
What are those Coil Spring Adjusters supposed to do exactly? They look too small to compress the spring enough for working/removing and I can't think of a reason someone would want to spread the spring open.

I've never seen those rubber spacers on and stock NAS Disco. I can't really think of why anyone would want them either????

Quick Reply: So what did you do to your Disco today?