Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

So what did you do to your Disco today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 10:48 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Today I took care of a little rust under the driver's side wheel well.When I got it it had a huge brake fluid leak that ate the paint off.

Old 04-07-2013, 04:31 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Took care of the gapping hole in the driverside footwell, and I only managed to spend $23 in parts. Here are some before and after photos.

Things I used:

1 can of rust converter
1 can of undercoating
1 sheet 22 gauge sheet metal
1 sheet 26 gauge sheet metal (easier to shape)
Rivets

Only took a few hours but I'm so glad that is over with. This is only a temporary solution. I cannot weld were I live, but I can live with the outcome. Doesn't look to bad.

Attached Thumbnails So what did you do to your Disco today?-d1-before-holes.jpg   So what did you do to your Disco today?-d1-no-more-hole.jpg   So what did you do to your Disco today?-d1-no-more-holes-2.jpg  
Old 04-07-2013, 06:59 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Had a little more time today and changed out the passenger side valve cover gasket.

Old 04-07-2013, 09:02 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 226 Likes on 195 Posts
Old 04-07-2013, 09:12 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I fixed my loose and off-centered steering wheel. Auto shop wanted $80 to do this... no more death wobbles (thank you D1 Tech section!)

Old 04-08-2013, 07:40 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fishEH
What are those Coil Spring Adjusters supposed to do exactly? They look too small to compress the spring enough for working/removing and I can't think of a reason someone would want to spread the spring open.

I've never seen those rubber spacers on and stock NAS Disco. I can't really think of why anyone would want them either????
They look like a spring pad similar to what you would run on a really low car to prevent too much compression and tire/body contact

Old 04-08-2013, 08:43 PM
Mudding

I got my windows tinted today. It looks super dark but its the angle I took the picture from. The two front windows are lighter than the back ones. Here are pictures of before and after. I feel pretty good about the improvement I am doing. . . .
Hedders coming next. . . .yay!

Attached Thumbnails So what did you do to your Disco today?-beforetint.jpg   So what did you do to your Disco today?-tint.jpg  
Old 04-08-2013, 09:02 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LRchick
I got my windows tinted today. It looks super dark but its the angle I took the picture from. The two front windows are lighter than the back ones. Here are pictures of before and after. I feel pretty good about the improvement I am doing. . . .
Looks good! I came real close to tinting my windows until I looked at my rear bumper and realized I backed into too many trees without any tint! Id be in trouble without and less visibility.

Old 04-08-2013, 09:28 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 226 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by LRchick
Some bigger tires would compliment it nicely.

Old 04-09-2013, 01:50 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by CUpgt
Looks good! I came real close to tinting my windows until I looked at my rear bumper and realized I backed into too many trees without any tint! Id be in trouble without and less visibility.
I have to admit I laughed while reading this for a while. The tint is actually pretty good. I am happy that now those annoying bright blue lights wont blind me anymore.

fishEH I am looking for some . . .if you know about a good deal let me know on the tires.

Oh also I should receive my seat covers tomorrow! I am excited because my seats are tearing slowly and I want to prevent that.

Quick Reply: So what did you do to your Disco today?