Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

So what did you do to your Disco today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

nuclearw - you will find on the stock radio two antennas, from the two back side glass. One is FM. The other is FM/AM. My PO did an aftermarket radio, selected the wrong one, and could only get FM. And there are times when you want whatever is on AM, be it a ballgame, local news, talk radio, etc.

Old 10-02-2013, 12:28 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 226 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by nuclearw
I pulled the headliner so I can do something with it (paint or refabric still deciding) and try to identify some goofy wiring that was done by the P.O.

and scoured the entire forum for info on the radio so I can try to put in my aftermarket w/ bluetooth .. lol finally found a pinout of the radio now time to match it up.
Did you get your key out?

Old 10-02-2013, 01:03 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Got my old wobbly-*** waterpump off. Then the Eddie aikau movie came on.

Putting the new one on tonight

Old 10-02-2013, 06:38 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haven't been on the forum since my truck went in for repairs. Since then, got the radiator recored, changed the water pump and the thermostat, new shocks and steering stablizer. Also, the issue with my tranny losing the overdrive seems to have corrected itself and the old girl is almost a normal Disco again. No more overheating - not even in heavy traffic. The temp doesn't even reach the halfway point. Woo Hoo!! Now, I just have to stop the steering box leak.

Old 10-03-2013, 12:56 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Savannah Buzz
nuclearw - you will find on the stock radio two antennas, from the two back side glass. One is FM. The other is FM/AM. My PO did an aftermarket radio, selected the wrong one, and could only get FM. And there are times when you want whatever is on AM, be it a ballgame, local news, talk radio, etc.
Yeah .. i'm lookin to order a y cable to combine em, as well as us->euro antenna adaptors ........ that will be in the near future right now I wanna get the bluetooth in primarily.

Originally Posted by fishEH
Did you get your key out?
Lol yep... went to thorntons and it worked fine ... got stuck a few times since but after readin up on the forums some figured out its an interlock with the shifter, so put it to drive and back into park and its fine. .... will have to actually fix it soon tho lol

Old 10-03-2013, 02:41 AM
Drifting

I got to replace the passenger side mirror today. After PO scraped it and a few sections of paint off. Tomorrow we get to replace the head light assembles and change the oil in the diffs and TC.

Thanks to you all for the advice.

Old 10-03-2013, 09:21 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 142 Likes on 113 Posts

Got a new upgraded 1000 CCA battery for 40 bucks. Wasn't my first choice in brands but old one was under warranty and I slapped on the 40 bucks to upgrade to a Gold battery. Put in my new serp belt.

Was gonna order my lift kit this morning but I cant seem to find the Terrafirma 3" lift I read about here. Only the 2". I dunno. More research I guess. The TF204 is probably the way I will go. Cant afford the OME stuff.

Old 10-03-2013, 09:40 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let's see.
1. rebuilt both drive shafts and replaced flex coupling
2. replaced headlight switch
3. rebuilt 4WD shifter linkage
4. changed the oil and filters
5. serviced the transmission

Old 10-03-2013, 11:04 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pulled the head of my wife's old Prelude. Looks damn good for 230k except for the oil in the coolant thing. My slotted poly bush radius arm bushings came yesterday too. Hopefully have my spare arms cranked with 6* castor correction back from my fab guy next week

Old 10-04-2013, 11:58 PM
Drifting
Default progress

Lots of progress today...

New tires (could only go one size bigger than what came on the vehicle)
new lube in the swivel joint (the stuff that came out...EEWWW)
lubed the diff's

unexpected repairs include over heating due to a hole in lower rad hose...now to find one.

all jobs where not as difficult due to all the advice on this site.
thanks to all

Quick Reply: So what did you do to your Disco today?