Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

So what did you do to your Disco today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 06:59 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jake1996D1

And here's another beautiful ghettofab creation.. having a welder is so awesome hahah

Jake....you're a badass. What can I trade you for one/two of those? No steering guard?

Old 04-25-2012, 07:48 AM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are those weld-on or bolt-on? How did you make the rounded part?

Old 04-25-2012, 08:01 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I repainted the roof because the factory paint decided it was time to go on vacation and left. Just boring Universal Black. Has anyone seen a Black Disco with a roof a different color? Up for ideas.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:14 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by Mountain Goat
Are those weld-on or bolt-on? How did you make the rounded part?
I didnt make the diff guard just welded the skull on an old SG and painted it. I can however make a weld on out of a half sewer cap. Fisheh is in the process of doing it right now. I think it's the best route they are 3/8 thick. I would have gone that way originally if I had a welder and a means to cut them in half.

Originally Posted by slanginsanjuan
Jake....you're a badass. What can I trade you for one/two of those? No steering guard?
Sorry custom diff guard are not for sale if I had a ton of free time and didnt have other peoples vehicles in my yard I have to fix I surely would wip something up.

Steering guards are for sissys! I have all HD QT steering rods, the low hanging tie rod behind the axle is protected by the 3-link box. The Rovertym panhard is purposely bent so it goes up and over my diff and much higher than the rest of my steering components. Plus steering guards just give you false confidence that you can bash your front end into stuff and be ok.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:18 AM
Pro Wrench

ok, no steering guards. no sissying over here either.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:24 AM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by jeff spahn
I repainted the roof because the factory paint decided it was time to go on vacation and left. Just boring Universal Black. Has anyone seen a Black Disco with a roof a different color? Up for ideas.
Mine is beluga too and I'm doing the roof also. I started with the rails and am going to move on to the rusted alpines. Then the sunroofs. Alpines are definitely coming out, maybe sunroofs just partial. maybe not.

i'm going matte or flat black depending on availability of kbs paint. it's a hard shell, brushable finish and works great imo. it thought about silver/grey for a minute.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:44 AM
Winching

I'd go for a white roof on just about any color of truck. Looks kinda safari style to me, plus it's functional (roof absorbs less heat). Easy to say when I have a white truck...

Old 04-29-2012, 12:15 AM
Winching
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Got a lot done since last week, today moved the power steer pump, removed intake manifold, rocker covers, moved lots of connections out the way. Just like many have said the bolts for the manifold were not tight. Lots of grime in these parts. The most odd thing I found was a penny, yes a penny covered in grime and oil inbetween the vally pan gasket and manifold How the hell does that happen? Oh well, rocker cover gaskets were crap, gots lots of cleaning to do. Later on I'll have the heads out and ready to send off to the shop along with the rad. Soon Mandy will be back in action.

Old 04-29-2012, 01:05 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Fixed my CDL and shifter and slowly putting everything back together again.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:23 AM
Winching

Yesterday, I went wheeling with a 4Runner until his shocks fell off. Literally.

Quick Reply: So what did you do to your Disco today?