Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

So what did you do to your Disco today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 08:05 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I removed my center console and am currently trying to tackle the stuck CDL shifter issue. So far just removed that metal C shaped link that connects the bottom of the linkage and the top of the transfer case. Scratching my head though, I turned the 13mm nut at the top of the t-case that is supposed to activate my CDL but it's not.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:25 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 226 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by turf63
What type of relocators are those? That's on my short list. Cones or something.
They're QT reverse cones, meaning they go on the bottom instead of the top.
The blue Poly cones are for sale already, Jake had a set.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:58 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Brett.. WOW!! Looks good man I'd say if you had the front stuffed more you may even get more droop out back.. I'd say you surpassed your goal.

Originally Posted by wheelgarage
Looks like TF ones... I wonder when they will start to sell their blue poly cones? I did notice the rear spring unseating at times or maybe that was my imagination.....

Gave the suspension a 100 mile highway test run and hit up about a mile of trails. It's is good to go for the long haul..
Like Brett said.. I got one of the first pairs in the US Been running them since September and they are awesome. Reseats every time and 0 noise except some spring binding. I couldnt find any good action shots all I could find is this..

Old 04-23-2012, 10:34 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jake1996D1
Like Brett said.. I got one of the first pairs in the US Been running them since September and they are awesome. Reseats every time and 0 noise except some spring binding. I couldnt find any good action shots all I could find is this..

That is what I read about them....QUIET!...no clanking! Adding these on my list.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:46 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by wheelgarage
That is what I read about them....QUIET!...no clanking! Adding these on my list.

I was more sold on the fact that they reseat 100% of the time. Which is why I suggested them to Brett The way they are designed even the short spike kind like the QT's or metal Terrafirmas I doubt they make much noise.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:51 AM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by Jake1996D1
I was more sold on the fact that they reseat 100% of the time. Which is why I suggested them to Brett The way they are designed even the short spike kind like the QT's or metal Terrafirmas I doubt they make much noise.
I didn't hear any noise with them reseating.

Old 04-24-2012, 06:41 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Learned today that my gas light works........owned her since late february and haven't let it get to this point yet..........but now I am curious.... When gas light comes on How much fuel do I have left?

Old 04-24-2012, 06:48 AM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by filbs
Learned today that my gas light works........owned her since late february and haven't let it get to this point yet..........but now I am curious.... When gas light comes on How much fuel do I have left?
~2.1 gallons IIRC. It's in the owners manual.

Old 04-24-2012, 04:39 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Well today I made leaps and bounds in improving my gas milage... On top of replacing my injectors with 3rd gen Ford injectors I change my fuel filter, downgraded my fan clutch to the standard duty Chevy from the severe duty Chevy (wow it's way quiet!!) and I get the same temps. I also got rid of my rack! I didnt use it enough anyways and want to get a rear bumper with a swing away spare carrier. All I hear on the road now is tires and exhaust and I feel lighter and more aerodynamic..

Here's a pic of the truck rackless.. I may get rid of the roof rails too later on

And here's another beautiful ghettofab creation.. having a welder is so awesome hahah

Old 04-24-2012, 07:54 PM
Winching
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Replaced a bent steering damper. The end was bent from before I relocated it. Started getting squeamish about it shearing off while driving...

Quick Reply: So what did you do to your Disco today?