Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

So what did you do to your Disco today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 08:38 PM
Super Moderator
Received 226 Likes on 196 Posts

Take a lug nut to store, buy a long metric bolt it will thread on, screw in the bolt, cap presses off, throw cap in trash now d2 lug wrench works

Old 06-04-2014, 11:07 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rover lugs are huge. You can remove the covers but it's still a big lug nut

Old 06-05-2014, 12:22 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 226 Likes on 195 Posts

Picked up my '95 today. She's a little rough on the inside but it has good bones, no rust. It's an SD with manual seats. Might put some aftermarket seats in there or something. Will probably start a build thread too.
She's on the far right.
Name:  IMAG1580_zpsudjaezm5.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  88.3 KB

Old 06-05-2014, 07:52 AM
Super Moderator
Received 226 Likes on 196 Posts

I have tried adding another rover but wife ain't havin it

Old 06-05-2014, 08:17 AM
Winching
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

i'd love to find a nice condition RRC before prices really start to climb. hopefully in a year or so. i've been debating what kind of rig to resto-mod with a modern drivetrain... FSJ Cherokee, RRC, early CJ, or Series rover.

also, if parked overnight in my driveway, nose up the disco takes a few times to start in the morning. if i park nose down, no problem. will i fix this issue? probably not until it gets worse.

Old 06-05-2014, 09:57 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MM3846
i'd love to find a nice condition RRC before prices really start to climb. hopefully in a year or so. i've been debating what kind of rig to resto-mod with a modern drivetrain... FSJ Cherokee, RRC, early CJ, or Series rover.

also, if parked overnight in my driveway, nose up the disco takes a few times to start in the morning. if i park nose down, no problem. will i fix this issue? probably not until it gets worse.
I've been having the same problem.
Try kicking the key forward so the fuel pump kicks on and wait a second before starting it.
I've cycled the key a couple times and it fires right up.

I think either my fuel filter is clogged up or the pump is on its way out.
Haven't checked pressure yet.

Old 06-05-2014, 11:43 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by fishEH
Picked up my '95 today. She's a little rough on the inside but it has good bones, no rust. It's an SD with manual seats. Might put some aftermarket seats in there or something. Will probably start a build thread too.
She's on the far right.
Any more and you could start your own Camel Trophy

Old 06-05-2014, 12:20 PM
Winching
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 97GreenMeanie
I've been having the same problem.
Try kicking the key forward so the fuel pump kicks on and wait a second before starting it.
I've cycled the key a couple times and it fires right up.

I think either my fuel filter is clogged up or the pump is on its way out.
Haven't checked pressure yet.
my fuel pump is new(ish).. the filter looks pretty rough, which is half of the reason why i havent touched it.

Old 06-05-2014, 04:25 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I started making a parts list of things broken on the D1 and realized I would probably be better off buying another one if I actually wanted to fix everything. Going to stick with the engine/drivetrain components instead.

Speaking of which does anyone have a D1 airbox that has all the clips they'd part with? I think mine has one clip left.

I also found a velcro strap in the space to the front of the air box that appears like it used to hold something. Anyone know if this was a factory something? I can't seem to find any photos of anything there on google.

Old 06-05-2014, 06:37 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 226 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by peterdemski
I started making a parts list of things broken on the D1 and realized I would probably be better off buying another one if I actually wanted to fix everything. Going to stick with the engine/drivetrain components instead.

Speaking of which does anyone have a D1 airbox that has all the clips they'd part with? I think mine has one clip left.

I also found a velcro strap in the space to the front of the air box that appears like it used to hold something. Anyone know if this was a factory something? I can't seem to find any photos of anything there on google.
The bottle jack and wheel chock were kept there. The Velcro held the jack in place.

Quick Reply: So what did you do to your Disco today?