Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

So what did you do to your Disco today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 11:14 AM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

She's in the shop getting an electrical short worked out. I messed around with it a bit last night, but it's far beyond my capabilities. Had to call in reinforcements.

Old 08-15-2012, 02:32 PM
Drifting

well, sunday night was a good night. I got my HID fog lights installed and then also installed the CB antenna. I made a bracket for the antenna that puts in on the spare tire holder.

This morning i dropped the truck off to get the new tires installed and man what a difference it has made already. The truck drives like new on the street and looks way better with a slightly bigger tire on it. I plan on hitting a local trail here in orlando Fl tonight to test them out.

Old 08-15-2012, 05:20 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Installed es9000 rear shocks, 4 shipped for $118. I also stripped a ujoint nut, ill let a pro deal with it now. Springs and front shocks later this week, I'll throw up some pics.

Old 08-15-2012, 06:57 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Removed my roof rails and now my truck will (BARELY) fit in my garage!

Old 08-15-2012, 07:26 PM
Mudding

All 5 wheels blacked out and the front bumper, grill and trim under the lights finished.

Then the rain came before I could start prepping roof!

So what did you do to your Disco today?-copy.jpg

Old 08-15-2012, 07:52 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 226 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by bcbp
Installed es9000 rear shocks, 4 shipped for $118. I also stripped a ujoint nut, ill let a pro deal with it now. Springs and front shocks later this week, I'll throw up some pics.
What did you use when you stripped it? I ALWAYS use a six pointed socket(the special tool) or the closed end of a six pointed combination wrench.

Old 08-16-2012, 12:48 PM
Drifting
Default major tune up, then smog fail...

so after all my labor i got the check light to stay off .. after cleaning the mas, new spark plugs/wires, 1 oil flush ,sea fome induction cleaning , then ran it for 100 miles then re flushed and filled with the good stuff. flushed the whole coolant system, and with this hot summer san diego is having i decided to fix my a/c , checked the systems out and relived it works great only needed a new switch plate( the ac button was toasted) for the dash(easy fix) and its now ice cold.. also did the diffs, and tyranny drain and filter change also drove till empty then toped off with chevron 91octane and added chevron tekron additive ..
drove it about 200 miles to get the chance to trow codes but it never did,

i was unhappy to see tho my gas mpg was way down under 10 mpg.. from 12-15mpg? same tires same gearing ???

so i went on to a gold shield smog station (thank you Bonita valley 76) they ran my car but the smog test system went down for 45 min thus free..

i am running so rich now i can smell the gas a@2500 rpm they even told me this .

i passed visual
i passed functional
i passed the mil/check engine light test
i failed idel emission test
hc ppm of 584 & co%7.10 @689rpm

hc ppm of 410 & co 4.21 @ 2402rpm

so now i am a gross polluter, i was at this spot 3 years ago with this same d1, then had to do a motor swap for a freshly milled short block..

i know i need new cats i was tossing a few bit and peaces of cat out the back pipe...

worst case what am i looking at , new O2 sensors,and why am i not trowing codes? if my o2 is bad?

but the bottom line is it must pass smog, i have to much time & $ , there goes the budget build idea....... this smog is going to be costly i all ready know it , till this d1 gets fixed ....

also a big thank you to Bill from GBR Home , i hear are in the mail i cant wait till there on my rig so i can say good buy to the crazy sounds of the contently braking stock ones ..

next after smog front perry fiber glass fenders , rear end moving 2" back decided to go with jeep fender flares for the rear, , and not having to trim my doors priceless

also has any one ever seen or used this brand tires , they would only be used for trial use but i would love to hear feed back..

and can i fit them on my stock rims?

https://www.treadwright.com/p-74-285...dog-m-t-e.aspx

Old 08-16-2012, 01:47 PM
5th Gear

Tore down 2000 D2 to the heads and took them to the shop. Degreasing engine and clean up today. Hopefully rebuild over the weekend if heads come back. Weather sounds perfect here in MS with the highs in the 80s

Old 08-18-2012, 07:21 AM
Rock Crawling

Fish, I also used a 6pt wrench. I think it was a 9/16, bathed in PB blaster a couple times a week, I rounded it pretty good. I know a guy with a llift who does side work, he'll do all 3 for $100. That said the u joints look to have been replaced previously, I have 101k miles on the old girl.

Old 08-18-2012, 05:47 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Decided to just remove the rear sway bar....it got bound up again. The rear sway is now part of the growing mound of parts in my shed.

Quick Reply: So what did you do to your Disco today?