Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

So what did you do to your Disco today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 04:37 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Jake I tried your link to Lucky 8 but it did not work! Tried twice.

Old 09-05-2012, 04:51 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 226 Likes on 195 Posts

Yeah Jake's link is broken.
Lucky8 LLC

Old 09-05-2012, 06:34 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got home to no more navi :(

some dip sh?t broke my door lock, then smashed my drivers window , in a tacky/faulty atempeted to steal my kenwood gpd/dvd player, but my harness, stole my back up gas cash in my ash tray.

how i know it was a dip sh?t kid, he cut the harness, left the gps brain and all the other good stuff that make the unit work, also he cut wires that have harness clips.. i dont understand

so how do i get a lock to match my keys?

and my ac controls don't work any more now... i am assuming he yanked the ac wires or something...

i only wonder why did he leave a brand new hi lift, my winch, or any of the other easy to steal stuff, but no he had to crack my dash, cut my wires, and play tug or war with my ac control's?

he probly caused more damage then the navi cost brand new.. and no way he can sell it , with cut wires and no brain the deck is worthless....

http://www.facebook.com/ModifiedD1Rovers

good news is my gbr heavy duty drive shaft in in, and i hear that bill is shipping out my rear today???

glad tho i have insurance ,but will come in handy i will milk this one at the dealership how ever i can..

also if you have a d1 that you love post it on my fb page or just take a look .

Old 09-05-2012, 06:35 PM
Overlanding
Cool Tried to figure out the "CODE" to get the radio working

after removing and cleaning the battery cables. Just basic maintenance stuff that led to this puzzle.

The manuals and all of the records came with this used 1997 Disco I. The manual indicates that the "codes" can be found on the two cards that came with the vehicles.

I have two credit card size plastic cards with the VIN# and an additional 5 digit number BUT the 5 digit number begins with a 0 (zero). If that is the "code" I must be missing something because the radio does not have a 0 (zero) station key so I can't enter the "code".

Any ideas? Anyone?

Old 09-05-2012, 06:50 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Danny Lee 97 Disco
Jake I tried your link to Lucky 8 but it did not work! Tried twice.
try it now!

Old 09-05-2012, 11:50 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by d1eddie
some dip sh?t broke my door lock, then smashed my drivers window , in a tacky/faulty atempeted to steal my kenwood gpd/dvd player, but my harness, stole my back up gas cash in my ash tray.

how i know it was a dip sh?t kid, he cut the harness, left the gps brain and all the other good stuff that make the unit work, also he cut wires that have harness clips.. i dont understand

so how do i get a lock to match my keys?

and my ac controls don't work any more now... i am assuming he yanked the ac wires or something..

i only wonder why did he leave a brand new hi lift, my winch, or any of the other easy to steal stuff, but no he had to crack my dash, cut my wires, and play tug or war with my ac control's?

he probly caused more damage then the navi cost brand new.. and no way he can sell it , with cut wires and no brain the deck is worthless....

Modified D1 Rovers | Facebook

good news is my gbr heavy duty drive shaft in in, and i hear that bill is shipping out my rear today???

glad tho i have insurance ,but will come in handy i will milk this one at the dealership how ever i can..

also if you have a d1 that you love post it on my fb page or just take a look .
man sorry to here that someone did the same thing to my jeep a few year back. but instead of using a knife to cut my radio out they just played tug o war with it. pulled out the ground remote and power wire out of the harness. stupid now it couldn't even been used. ever since there i had a short in my jeep that i couldn't seem to find. why do people have to do that. work for you stuff like most everyone else!!!

Old 09-06-2012, 12:09 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Finished up the lift upgrade with the rear springs and rear shocks tonight, and some new rear brake pads. ALSO, found a loose connection in my right rear ABS connector which would explain why the 3-Amigos seem to pop-up ever time the road surface is the least bit rough, but can be reset and all the features then function fine. I did a short test drive of 5 miles, and the suspension is nice, firmer, I like it, and no 3-Amigos or as I have begun to call them, "Tequila - Descenta' - AH-BE-S"

I used the OME MD 777 F / 781 R with TF +2 shocks and D1 rear spring perches/seats. I picked up some Wagner Thermo-Quiet pads from Advance Auto. I used them on the front, and they seem to work well. Glad to finally get the lift on. I was tired of looking at the boxes in the closet wondering when I was going to jump in to it, not knowing exactly how long my rover would be down, but worked out well. Now I need to make some decisions on bump stops, spring retainers, cones, straps, etc. Always something new to learn on the rover. Good rover day today !

Old 09-06-2012, 05:13 AM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by fishEH
Throw the bottle jack horizontally between the frame rails and gently open them up. That crossmember should be easier to move then.
Name:  IMG_1432.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  218.0 KB

F*** that crossmember...I tried to get the pan out with it in place and that wasnt happening

Transmission Filter done...next

Old 09-06-2012, 09:01 AM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by Nefarious79

F*** that crossmember...I tried to get the pan out with it in place and that wasnt happening

Transmission Filter done...next
I'm no engineer, but I've gotta believe there's a reason for that crossmember.

Old 09-06-2012, 10:51 AM
Camel Trophy

I'd like to nominate this thread to be a "Sticky".

Quick Reply: So what did you do to your Disco today?