Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

02 that I couldn't pass up

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 10:52 AM
Winching
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 02 that I couldn't pass up

Been around here for a bit, mostly lurking, as search gives me all the answers I typically need. I've been working on friends Discos for a while, and finally found a nice one at the right price, so the wife's Exploder is finally getting retired.

Here's the new toy in its native habitat, my pole barn repair shop:

Cosmetically, it's pretty good. 3 small parking lot dings on doors that ought to come right our with pdr, and a cracked grille (which is why it's off in this picture....I laid some glass behing the cracks and filled in the missing piece. A bit of shaping and paint and it ought to be just fine).

It's already managed to throw a couple of codes, but I'm not too concerned. One was covered in a TSB I dug up about not liking the way it got unlocked (A P16xx series code) and the other is a misfire on #6. The wires look like crap, probably original (with 105k on them). I've got all of the 60/90k service stuff on its way, including 8mm Magnecores, so we'll see if that does it or if I need a coil pack too.

Just wanted to say hey again, and let you all know I'm back, and probably a lot more often. I'll probably need to build an apartment in my pole barn between the new Disco and my Porsche, but at least I know what I'm getting myself into.

One more thing....anyone have a source for the owner's manual? I've got rave, but I'd prefer to have the actual owner's manual as well (didn't come with it, obviously) so my wife doesn't have to ask me how to change the climate control back to Fahrenheit when I disconnect the battery and have me say "I don't know, try hitting all the buttons". EDIT: Found them on LRs site. You have to download the sections individually, but its better than nothing: http://www.ownerinfo.landrover.com/e...4556/index.htm

Last edited by DarylJ; 07-04-2010 at 12:50 PM.
Old 07-04-2010, 11:27 AM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought mine off of eBay for around 5 bucks plus S&H.

Old 07-04-2010, 11:48 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just picked up an 02' white in color as well Daryl with about 83k on the dash. It's perfect except for one small parking ding in the rear and some "very little" surface rust on the passenger side doorjam. I truely love the ride and the way it looks it cant be beat.

Old 07-04-2010, 04:38 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Welcome to the club..

Originally Posted by DarylJ
Been around here for a bit, mostly lurking, as search gives me all the answers I typically need. I've been working on friends Discos for a while, and finally found a nice one at the right price, so the wife's Exploder is finally getting retired.

Here's the new toy in its native habitat, my pole barn repair shop:

Cosmetically, it's pretty good. 3 small parking lot dings on doors that ought to come right our with pdr, and a cracked grille (which is why it's off in this picture....I laid some glass behing the cracks and filled in the missing piece. A bit of shaping and paint and it ought to be just fine).

It's already managed to throw a couple of codes, but I'm not too concerned. One was covered in a TSB I dug up about not liking the way it got unlocked (A P16xx series code) and the other is a misfire on #6. The wires look like crap, probably original (with 105k on them). I've got all of the 60/90k service stuff on its way, including 8mm Magnecores, so we'll see if that does it or if I need a coil pack too.

Just wanted to say hey again, and let you all know I'm back, and probably a lot more often. I'll probably need to build an apartment in my pole barn between the new Disco and my Porsche, but at least I know what I'm getting myself into.

One more thing....anyone have a source for the owner's manual? I've got rave, but I'd prefer to have the actual owner's manual as well (didn't come with it, obviously) so my wife doesn't have to ask me how to change the climate control back to Fahrenheit when I disconnect the battery and have me say "I don't know, try hitting all the buttons". EDIT: Found them on LRs site. You have to download the sections individually, but its better than nothing: http://www.ownerinfo.landrover.com/e...4556/index.htm

"Here's the new toy in its native habitat," I like this guy already!

Welcome ...

Chris