Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1st Post >>> Door Lock Disco II Problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 02:33 PM
4wd High
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Update: Still not working

alright replaced the door lock mechanism on the drivers door, this has allowed the driver door to once again respond to the key fob; but none of the other doors will unlock via the fob or manually. So if I was to drive down the road and into crash into a lake or whatever passengers would be stuck inside! I then ordered the part that goes up near the rear sunroof (this had no effect what so ever on my problem. I'd pull out my hair but im bald to it wouldn't do any good. I need some advice......

Old 10-29-2014, 05:29 PM
Mudding
Received 29 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by TJ Ranfranz
alright replaced the door lock mechanism on the drivers door, this has allowed the driver door to once again respond to the key fob; but none of the other doors will unlock via the fob or manually. So if I was to drive down the road and into crash into a lake or whatever passengers would be stuck inside! I then ordered the part that goes up near the rear sunroof (this had no effect what so ever on my problem. I'd pull out my hair but im bald to it wouldn't do any good. I need some advice......
You need to get the keys reprogrammed after you install the keyless alarm module. Involves hooking up to an Autotel or equivalent device, popping open your keys to get to the code, and entering it into the system.

Old 10-30-2014, 08:09 AM
4wd High
Default Update

Let me break this down again. My key fob will lock all doors, it will not unlock any doors. My fob will set alarm and turn alarm off. None of the doors will open from the inside accept the driver door with new actuator. The central locking button near the radio will lock doors but will not unlock doors. The key will manually work in driver door as that is the only door with a keyed entry. I believe the system may be stuck in a super lock mode. how do you disengage superlock? And how do I fix this problem short of crushing the vehicle which is what my mechanic said to do so I just brought it home

Old 10-30-2014, 08:25 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

try unlocking the door with the key 5 times or something like that.
use the search i remember reading something about having to unlock the door with the key a number of times in order to set something.

Old 10-30-2014, 05:25 PM
4wd High

Originally Posted by drowssap
try unlocking the door with the key 5 times or something like that.
use the search i remember reading something about having to unlock the door with the key a number of times in order to set something.
Oh believe me I've tried and tried I've been reading post after post and gone thru basically the entire service manual word for word what a joke so frustrated

Old 10-30-2014, 06:15 PM
Mudding
Received 29 Likes on 12 Posts

Wonder if the unlock button on your fob broke, like mine did. Have you opened the key up to see if the button came loose from the board?

Old 10-31-2014, 05:25 AM
4wd High

Originally Posted by OCMike
Wonder if the unlock button on your fob broke, like mine did. Have you opened the key up to see if the button came loose from the board?
I did open the key and nothing appears to be broke and the battery is good. You would think that the central lock button near the radio would still function even if the key fob was malfunctioning? Mine does not.

Old 10-31-2014, 05:46 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

"You would think that the central lock button near the radio would still function even if the key fob was malfunctioning?"

I would say you are correct with that assumption

Old 10-31-2014, 06:52 AM
Baja
Received 718 Likes on 623 Posts

It seems that all your logic is correct.

It's strange that the FOB and the central button both do not unlock.

Besides a computer glitch I'm wondering if your lock/unlock button is faulty and causing the entire system to not unlock electronically?

Where are you located? I'm in Southern CA and have an autologic that might be able to identify the problem.

Also, I would be willing to lend you a central lock button to try and swap it out for a diagnosis.

PM me if you need anything and good luck.