Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 inch lift question

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 12:47 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 inch lift question

Did the TerraFirma 2inch lift about 3 months ago and I've had a few issues since. Was wondering if I could get some advice on the following;

1) With a 2 inch lift do I need to change the bushing to compensate for the lift.

2) Since the lift I have needed to replace both tie rod ends on the drag link (actually replaced the link and the other tie rod) due to play in the wheels. Could the larger tires and increased angle on the drag link due to the lift stress out the older components.

3) Since the lift I've developed a rhythmic thumping noise when turning left in traffic circles (it's Europe they're everywhere). Had the front end looked at and the shop couldn't pinpoint the issue. Any ideas where to start.

I know these hard to answer but any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 05-21-2012, 01:18 PM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

How many miles on the truck?
No you should not have to replace any bushing because of the lift, unless they were bad to start with.
The lift did not cause the drag link ends to fail.
I would need more information to help with the turning thumps, other then to make sure your CV joint and both front hubs are still good.

Old 05-21-2012, 01:39 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the quick reply Mike.

The truck is a 2003 Disco with 93k on the clock.

Good to know about the tie rod ends...either way they needed replacing.

Definitely don't doubt your advice but I could have sworn I'd seen something on the forum about having to adjust/shim/etc after a two inch lift or more.

Kind of at a loss with the thumping noise even after the shop I took it to stated they could produce the noise when driving (only turning left) but couldn't figure out exactly what the issue was. I'm assuming it's CV joint or hub but when the shop couldn't figure it out ????

Originally Posted by Disco Mike
How many miles on the truck?
No you should not have to replace any bushing because of the lift, unless they were bad to start with.
The lift did not cause the drag link ends to fail.
I would need more information to help with the turning thumps, other then to make sure your CV joint and both front hubs are still good.

Old 05-21-2012, 02:16 PM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

If you want to play 20 questions, send me your number and I'll walk you thru this.