Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 Discovery 2 OBD Code issues Please Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 08:14 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also a lazy rear o2 can cause a front o2 code on that side, doesn't explain 2 codes but will most definitely frig the mixture up on one side. But, If it was in my shop I would have smoked before heading to the harness or pcm.

Old 11-19-2010, 07:19 PM
Three Wheeling

Update:

Went by the mechanic today and had a good long talk with this guy. I gather the guy I had working on mine used to work for him and trusts his work. But was upset that I brought it to him after another mechanic. Typical I guess they rather be first and not have to hope the others doesnt screw something up.

Found today:

Vacuum leak: Caused by a nice long crack in air breather line after MAF. It was underneath and was a bugger to see. They found this without a smoke test. And low and behold no Lean codes.

Ground Fault ECU: Gather the ecu is fried and no longer has a valid ground randomly. Most likely still a solder joint inside that is causing this issue. Lucky me I had an ECU already from the last mechanic so he is going to try to put that it. He grounded the Oxygen sensors out manually and low and behold no light.

I think I found myself a new mechanic. I like the other for his prices and his attitued of doing right by the customer. I think he was going after the O2s first but it would have been nice to have him fix the leak. Should be out on monday and finally get back to having a drivable disco.

Old 11-19-2010, 07:25 PM
Three Wheeling

Good to hear you found someone to look further. The intake crack makes perfect sense.

Old 11-23-2010, 06:09 PM
Three Wheeling

IT IS FIXED!!!

Problems:
MAF Intake Tube leak due to gash underneath.
Oxygen Sensors: 4 Bad. (Old Mechanic apparently took the two new ones)
Wiring Fault to ECU.
Wiring Fault to Ground on engine block.

The issue with the stupid O2 Heating Element was two fold. There was no valid ground to the ECU and Secondly the one to the block was damaged. The rewired it all up and put the harness back together and it is fixed. After my last post they found the code came back after clearing but took longer. They tested it all day and the Emission system is green!

Cost $800.00...that was the part I wasnt expecting. Not bad I guess. They worked on it for 10+ hours and replaced 4 o2s and the MAF Tube. So worked out to be about 400 on labor which was 4 hours worth. But I have the rover back and running.

Old 11-24-2010, 03:47 PM
Three Wheeling

IT IS BROKEN!!!

Lol I think the Rover god has decided that I need to pay some kinda of due this month. I picked up the car and had a long talk about the truck and all the work that was done. I then left thinking finally I have my rover back and was looking forward to driving it again.

I got 5 blocks from the shop and I was rear ended. I have been working on getting estimates but the prognosis is that the repair is going to cost between 3400 to 4500 dollars depending on if any structal damage was done. So now it is back to the shops or to the yard depending on what his insurance says.

Damage:

Rear Door Dented in and off set. Cant open the rear door.
Bumper Destroyed
Running Lights destroyed
Tire Carrier Destroyed possible the spare tire
The Right side pillar has pulled away from the roof and requires repair.

Old 11-24-2010, 08:30 PM
Three Wheeling

holy crap, did you kick a baby or pee in the church offering plate? That is some seriously bad luck! I'm sorry to hear that, you should post up a couple of pictures.....What hit you?

Old 11-25-2010, 12:21 PM
Three Wheeling

I was hit by a 2001 Infinity Qx4. It probably wouldnt have been to bad if he didnt impact the spare tire first. I think that is the only flaw with having the tire on the back door.

As you can see in the pictures he smacked me using his passanger side rear door. He slide into me sideways. He is wanting to just give me cash it sounds like to keep this off insurance. Either way I am fine with cash or insurance. Really dont like the fact that the estimator keeps talking about totaling the vehicle.

I will find out hopefully on friday.

Attached Thumbnails 2000 Discovery 2 OBD Code issues Please Help!!-img_0011.jpg   2000 Discovery 2 OBD Code issues Please Help!!-img_0012.jpg   2000 Discovery 2 OBD Code issues Please Help!!-img_0013.jpg   2000 Discovery 2 OBD Code issues Please Help!!-img_0014.jpg  
Old 08-27-2012, 04:48 AM
2nd Gear

Sorry to bring up an old thread but what happened to the Disco? Was there deeper damage than just what shown?

From what you've said and the pictures shown, is it just replacing the rear bumper and lights, rear door and reattaching the roof to the side pillar?

So, what happened please