Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3 amigos -- GONE! Pics--may be slow to load.

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 11:09 AM
Winching
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks Mike, as usual "you be the man!"

Old 01-18-2010, 08:25 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Abs

I am a relative newcomer, but.....

It appears to me that the "cheap" kit does not work because the most common fault is the electrical connection between the two sockets on the repair with the pins on the main valve assembly. The "cheap" kit only replaces one side of this electrical connection. The "expensive" kit replaces both sides of this connection and hence solves the problem completely.

A work round this problem (intermittemt electrical connection) is very well documented at http://www.landroverclubvi.com/abs-mod.html. This also only requires the "cheap" kit.

So I suggets the best solution is to buy the "cheap" kit but modify it along the lines (Option B) suggested on the link above. Fitting this modified kit will install new valves and completely bypass the troublesome electrical connection.

That's what I intend to try - if I can find the "cheap" kit.

Wouldn't it be great if the Shuttle Valve Repair kit was suplied with this excellent mod already installed!

Any suggestions as to a source for the Shuttle Valve Repair Kit please ?

Last edited by j.wilson; 01-18-2010 at 08:28 AM.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:56 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Red face 3 amigos repair

every step in here is on target......i would like to make some comments on my repair....
the side brake lines going into abs box will leak brake fluid all over if you do not prop up the brake lines like mentioned(using a hammer or other screwdriver to prop the open ends)

--the hex bots(3) on the bottom of the abs modulator are very hard to move....they can be EASILY stripped i mean EASILY....and then you have a problem. so use the right hex tool and take your time on this step.

--i inserted some washers from falconbridge on my new shuttle valve so that the brake fluid will not leak again into it and cause it to malfunction

--motronic bleeder DOES NOT work on the disco II 2000.....the reservoir is too wide....even with a jerryrig...the brake fluid could not get a good seal on the top of the reservoir....i recommend using the motronic as a ir pressure only...and bleed the brakes the old fashioned way with pumping brakes one by one to get the air out.

nwman@verizon.net

Old 04-13-2010, 09:35 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just changed my front pads.. Didn't do anything with the bleed screw. Just pushed the calipers back in and put the pads on. No problems that I know of. Been driving for days on them no problems.