Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3 beeps no warnign lights?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 11:58 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 beeps no warnign lights?

so my other log in name is not working "UptownImports"
this might be a good question for Disco Mike.
So my shop gets a 2001 Disco 2 in and it has had the thermostat replaced, and the gauge is reading rather hot. I check coolant "mostly water" flush coolant and recheck temps at rad hoses and temp sensor all normal , gauge is still in the hot..........

so I have one on the technicians pull the sensor and bench test it per LR specs. and it is out of spec so we replaced it and the gauge is reading normal , I get a call last night about 8pm and the customer is seeing the gauge spike again and is concerned . I inform her of how the system reads the signals from the sensor and tell her that the sensor sees no volts it spikes it may be the next weakest link in the system but as a caution bring it in and we will laser check the temp at key areas to be sure that the system is giving you a false readout.

this morning we check all the key areas and everything is under 200 and the gauge is borderline hot just outside of the red. we inform her all is good and it is relaying false info she is good to travel 30 miles north to a meeting, however on her way to that meeting the gauges stays just below red. then she hears 3 beeps a pause and 3 beeps continuously.

Ive looked around on here briefly and found some transmission and case issue pertaining ton the beeps but nothing close to what im hearing from my customer any suggestions.......Disco Mike may have the answer to this

Old 08-17-2012, 12:59 PM
Winching
Received 139 Likes on 106 Posts

one thing to ask is if she is the original owner. If she is not, then some of her warning lights may have been blacked out. If memory serves me, that series of beeps could be from the 3 amigos, the service engine soon, etc. I have read here a number of times where the lights have been "modified" so they don't show up when the vehicle is being sold.

Old 08-17-2012, 01:13 PM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by matt3502
one thing to ask is if she is the original owner. If she is not, then some of her warning lights may have been blacked out. If memory serves me, that series of beeps could be from the 3 amigos, the service engine soon, etc. I have read here a number of times where the lights have been "modified" so they don't show up when the vehicle is being sold.
That's my story. My Rover would beep three times with no warning lights illuminated. Took apart my dash and discovered that the three amigo lights (ABS, TC, and HDC) had been removed completely...

I'm guessing I have the amigos... but after 8 months of ownership the beeping has stopped (stopped around 5 months ago) and brakes work fine so I've just left it...

Old 08-17-2012, 01:21 PM
TReK
Received 503 Likes on 418 Posts

What did the code reader tell you about the beeps? You did have your technician scan the codes on her truck right?

Old 08-17-2012, 01:45 PM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Send me your number and I'll call you.
Quit driving that Disco before you damage it.

Old 08-18-2012, 09:53 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All warning lights work, hey mike i think i still got your number on my contacts list in my office ill call you after 10am your time, if you want to call me before i call you I can be reached at 980 254 3618.... thanks mike