Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3D Printable Parts Collection

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2024, 09:30 AM
Drifting
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm wondering if an all in one piece could be designed where aftermarket round or oval turn signals could be installed in the corners. Those look awesome btw!!!

Old 03-10-2024, 03:27 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Files

I sell the file with all the clips etc 👌🏻

Old 03-10-2024, 12:03 PM
Overlanding
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GG4892
I sell the file with all the clips etc 👌🏻
Or you could add it to our community thingiverse and not behind a paywall?

Old 03-12-2024, 07:01 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello guys, new member here.

This is a brilliant forum that I stumbled on today while looking for spare parts for my Discovery 1. 3D printing parts is such an epic idea and I wanna thank whoever came up with it. It might be life saving for many who are looking for sold out parts like me.

I also am aware that this is the D2 forum, but I have a '94 D1 and I was wondering if someone has the 3D model for the cargo door handle?

Thank you so much!

Old 03-12-2024, 08:52 AM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by HyfenD194

This is a brilliant forum that I stumbled on today while looking for spare parts for my Discovery 1. 3D printing parts is such an epic idea and I wanna thank whoever came up with it. It might be life saving for many who are looking for sold out parts like me.

I also am aware that this is the D2 forum, but I have a '94 D1 and I was wondering if someone has the 3D model for the cargo door handle?

Thank you so much!
If you can get the measurements for it, you can pay someone on fivver just a few dollars to make the printable file.

Old 03-12-2024, 10:16 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 354 Likes on 228 Posts

Thank you so much!
You're welcome! Check thingiverse.com and search for combinations of Land Rover, Discovery, etc. and see if anything has been posted there.

Old 03-12-2024, 01:32 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 185 Likes on 116 Posts

For those of you trying to print the front rain gutters, you need to turn on "Generate support material" in your slicer software. Here is an example of one I just printed in PTEG using supports, and it came our perfect.

The following users liked this post:
Richard Gallant (03-14-2024)
Old 03-12-2024, 02:07 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 821 Likes on 538 Posts

Thank you so much!
https://rockymountainbritish.com/ might have what you're looking for. If not hit him up and he can probably get you one made.

Old 03-16-2024, 12:00 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by Richard Gallant
I could get prints with PETG, but I was not happy with any of them they were not great.

Ended printing in resin, there is more post work in uv sealer, paint, then UV seal but the prints were pretty much perfect other than supports.

I used an Ender 3 I had a few issues a the top but otherwise is was ok, I found the inside support to weak and the top gutter catch generally failed. I did get the issues in image 1 & 2 with layers sorted out, but the print time was 6 hours.

after a long adventure of trying to get this to print in abs for weeks. Lots of testing and calibrating. It was a shame to find out the fitment was garbage.

doesn’t catch like you stated. It’s also not as long, once it is set in place it doesn’t tuck into the windshield gasket.

Old 03-16-2024, 12:01 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by TimInNova
For those of you trying to print the front rain gutters, you need to turn on "Generate support material" in your slicer software. Here is an example of one I just printed in PTEG using supports, and it came our perfect.

fitment is garbage unfortunately

Quick Reply: 3D Printable Parts Collection