Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Android Head Unit

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2020, 01:20 AM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Android Head Unit

Got some radio woes. Trying to install a new Android head unit and can only get sound through FM /AM radio and not through any other sources (bluetooth, youtube). Here are some pictures of what I'm using. Not sure what else to do

I've heard that you can miswire the Antenna Power Cable to the AMP cable, but with the Harness I am using, I have hooked up the Antenna Wire Correctly.

I've attached photos of what I've done so far, the harness I'm working with, and the head unit diagram

Old 11-26-2020, 06:21 AM
TReK
Received 768 Likes on 636 Posts

If you're getting sound from the radio app but not from any other app, then the physical wiring seems like it's correct and the fault is with the setup of the unit itself. Although looking at the pin-outs, perhaps the system turns off the power signal when you're not using the antenna. That will shut down the amplifier. You need to make sure that the amp signal is constant whenever the unit is powered on.

Old 11-26-2020, 09:20 AM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm pretty sure it's the amp shutting off that's the issue. I'm not a electrical guy at all, but can read haha. So how can I run a jumper wire so that the amp turns on with my key? Should I just jump the BLUE / WHITE cable from the harness to the ACC cable?

Originally Posted by mollusc
If you're getting sound from the radio app but not from any other app, then the physical wiring seems like it's correct and the fault is with the setup of the unit itself. Although looking at the pin-outs, perhaps the system turns off the power signal when you're not using the antenna. That will shut down the amplifier. You need to make sure that the amp signal is constant whenever the unit is powered on.

Old 11-26-2020, 08:46 PM
TReK
Received 768 Likes on 636 Posts

Doe the wire that goes from pin 8 on your head unit's "prower supply port" [sic] go to the wire that goes to pin 5 of the Rover's grey connector ("system activate")?
These are the pin designations on the Rover side, in case you don't have this info.