Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Announcing Extinct Motorsports Engineering!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2023, 12:12 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Love the new website and the products. Now I've found a place for my 04 restoration project!

Old 04-21-2023, 01:05 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 971 Likes on 646 Posts

Love those sight glasses! Glad to get to see the coil relocation kit - you put them exactly where I always felt they should be.

Killer job, good prices. More parts to recommend to friends and customers.

Old 04-21-2023, 01:30 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 172 Likes on 106 Posts

One suggestion...move the hardware for side-opening bins before the baskets/netting on the first page...I really didn't understand why/when I would order the different size basket/netting until I saw that product.

Old 04-21-2023, 02:02 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,174 Likes on 811 Posts

Great page ! The storage bins are outstanding, but I had the jump seats currently in the garage. Looks like the 6 inch bin and net should work perfectly to get rid of my misc setup.

Old 04-21-2023, 09:43 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,499 Likes on 1,063 Posts

Originally Posted by Extinct
Thanks for the kind words. I am going to try and hold the line on prices as long as possible. Already some suppliers I bought the original samples from are out of stock and others have increased prices, but I think we are seeing that in everything (wife and I just had a $100 date night that was one measly glass of wine, pizza and pasta ). Hopefully prices hold for a little while.
Whoops, looks like I made a mistake on the spares kit pricing. Two lucky souls got the deal of a lifetime on those, I lost about $60 each on those LOL. Oh well, my bad. Not as great a deal now. The spares kit and the plug wires were the only one with old placeholder prices, updated now. Mea Culpa guys.

The following users liked this post:
jastutte (04-22-2023)
Old 04-22-2023, 09:38 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 280 Likes on 182 Posts

Right on!!!!!!! Small businesses like that are what keep the D2 flame alive! They are also the lifeblood of entrepreneurship in the US.

I just went through the site and I love it! Please keep it alive until we get back from Europe as I’ll definitely be ordering some stuff as I start in on the Giverny and finish off the Alveston.

This type of stuff is really what keeps me addicted to the D2 and glad to be a gear head.

EDIT: Something I really like is the attention to detail as it relates to key restoration components. There are a million YouTube videos and other hit and miss things throughout the Internets kinda half heartedly stating some of the issues. The restoration section clearly and concisely (and correctly) describes a good portion of the well known issues with the D2. It’s all stuff that took me a few years to learn, and it’s nice to see it consolidated and from a trusted source.

Last edited by longtallsally; 04-22-2023 at 09:51 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Extinct (04-22-2023)
Old 04-22-2023, 03:06 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 141 Likes on 98 Posts

Take my money! A couple of questions -

For the coil relocation, why the two extra wires for 7&8? I have a new set of plug wires, so do I use that + two extras?
Vinyl / Leather restoration. My guess is this is cosmetic color correction more than repair. I will buy but do do you have a recommendation for vinyl crack repair? I have a couple of small cracks that need fixing before they get worse.

Thanks and nice stuff!

Old 04-22-2023, 05:27 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 890 Likes on 642 Posts

Originally Posted by dswilly
... For the coil relocation, why the two extra wires for 7&8? ...
I'll second this question. Other than that question, the coil pack relo kit is a simple, elegant work of art. The hood (bonnet) clearance vid is clever. My only question is about whether or not the coil packs will be exposed to enough more heat in that location to shorten their life materially. I'm not asserting; just asking.

The sight glasses are beautiful too. My only suggestion for them is to clarify that the trans sight glass must be installed with the engine running; otherwise there'll be a big mess! Perhaps you say that in instructions that come with the item.

The site looks great. I did find a couple spelling/typo errors I will share with you privately via email. Great work!

Last edited by mln01; 04-23-2023 at 03:51 PM.
Old 04-22-2023, 07:13 PM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by dswilly
Take my money! A couple of questions -

For the coil relocation, why the two extra wires for 7&8? I have a new set of plug wires, so do I use that + two extras?
Vinyl / Leather restoration. My guess is this is cosmetic color correction more than repair. I will buy but do do you have a recommendation for vinyl crack repair? I have a couple of small cracks that need fixing before they get worse.

Thanks and nice stuff!
So with the coils relocated #7 and 8 are too short, but any other wire will work.

On the leather /vinyl repair, the product will fill small cracks but any other vinyl repai will do for major tears, the permeated product sold at Wal-mart will work fine, use a heat gun instead of the iron the supply. I will add that as an option for folks convenience but I cannot sell it as cheaply as WM does.

Old 04-22-2023, 07:37 PM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by mln01
I'll second this question. Other than that question, the coil pack relo kit is a simple, elegant work of art. The hood (bonnet) clearance vid is clever. My only question is about whether or not the coil packs will be exposed to enough more heat in that location to shorten their life materially. I'm not asserting; just asking.

The sight glasses a beautiful too. My only suggestion for them is to clarify that the trans sight glass must be installed with the engine running; otherwise there'll be a big mess! Perhaps you say that in instructions that come with the item.

The site looks great. I did find a couple spelling/typo errors I will share with you privately via email. Great work!
So the new coil pack location is actually cooler that the factory location, as you probably know the upper intake does not have coolant in it so it is cooled by the airflow through the intake. I have been running this setup on my personal truck since 2018, no issues with coil life in that period of time.

Yes, instructions explain sight glass replacement.

Thanks for the spelling corrections!

The following 2 users liked this post by Extinct:
Best4x4 (04-22-2023), whowa004 (04-23-2023)

Quick Reply: Announcing Extinct Motorsports Engineering!