Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Announcing Extinct Motorsports Engineering!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2023, 02:18 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,503 Likes on 1,066 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard Gallant
Great page ! The storage bins are outstanding, but I had the jump seats currently in the garage. Looks like the 6 inch bin and net should work perfectly to get rid of my misc setup.
Revised our storage net page, added photos showing the setup with the jump seats (duh!)

Old 04-26-2023, 07:43 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 890 Likes on 642 Posts

You're welcome.

Old 04-26-2023, 08:31 PM
acg
Pro Wrench
Received 283 Likes on 216 Posts

Hey Extinct,

I placed an order for some of your good stuff. #272.

An idea... along the lines of a cargo net option.... perhaps a cargo net that will fit across the C-pllar (just behind and above the 2nd row seats? This is a safety barrier in the event of a rollover during offroading to prevent stuff from the cargo area from spilling over to the driver passengers. I know pet barriers are available. But a cargo net option can be easily removed.

I have seen generic ones available on Amazon, but mostly are not the right length or height, or come with incompatible attachment points that do mate not well with the existing features on the Disco. Perhaps your source could find something that will be the right fit?

Last edited by acg; 04-27-2023 at 10:09 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by acg:
jastutte (04-27-2023), The_OGCJR (05-11-2023)
Old 04-26-2023, 09:48 PM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by acg
Hey Extinct,

I placed an order for some of your good stuff. #272.

An idea... along the lines of a cargo net option.... perhaps a cargo net that will fit across the C-pllar (just behind and above the 2nd row seats? This is a safety barrier in the event of a rollover during offroading to prevent stuff from the cargo area from spilling over to the driver passengers. I know pet barriers are available. But a cargo net option can be easily removed.

I have seen generic ones available on Amazon, but mostly are not the right length or height, or come with compatible attachment points that mates well with the existing features on the Disco. Perhaps your source could find something that will be the right fit?
Great idea, I will get on it. I am having the nets custom made so should not be a problem

The following users liked this post:
jastutte (04-27-2023)
Old 04-30-2023, 08:41 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 468 Likes on 279 Posts

Well done and very reasonably priced. Does your coil relocation work with SAI tubing?

Old 05-01-2023, 05:39 AM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by Discorama
Well done and very reasonably priced. Does your coil relocation work with SAI tubing?
Yes, no problem. @KeninNC has put it on his truck already. We got some pics of that install for the installation instructions that I need to update to help folks who have never pulled an upper intake off with an SAI truck. Real pain in the *** to get to the coils on those trucks due to the SAI tubing brackets but the kit definitely works and really eliminates the need to ever go back there.

FYI, you might want to do some thing like this on your SAI tubing. Do you think people would be interested in a small kit like this for replacing the factory stainless set up that is difficult to work with?

Last edited by Extinct; 05-01-2023 at 07:45 PM.
Vegasdisco2 (08-06-2023)
Old 05-01-2023, 08:49 AM
Camel Trophy

Revised the D2 storage bin side opening latch kit page with a video, you can check it out here: https://extinctmotorsports.com/stora...ches---2-sets/

Or here:

Dervish (05-02-2023)
Old 05-01-2023, 11:23 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 468 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by Extinct
Yes, no problem. KeninNC has put it on his truck already. We got some pics of that install for the installation instructions that I need to update to help folks who have never pulled an upper intake off with an SAI truck. Real pain in the *** to get to the coils on those trucks due to the SAI tubing brackets but the kit definitely works and really eliminates the need to ever go back there.

FYI, you might want to do some thing like this on your SAI tubing. Do you think people would be interested in a small kit like this for replacing the factory stainless set up that is difficult to work with?
That's the reason I would relocate the coils. I have installed new ignition wires twice already and it sucked every time.

If I replaced the tubes, I would be concerned about CA smog check. They visually inspect the components under the hood. I don't know if that spells trouble, since it is a modification of the emission system technically.

YETIX (05-01-2023)
Old 05-01-2023, 02:00 PM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by Discorama
That's the reason I would relocate the coils. I have installed new ignition wires twice already and it sucked every time.

If I replaced the tubes, I would be concerned about CA smog check. They visually inspect the components under the hood. I don't know if that spells trouble, since it is a modification of the emission system technically.
Ah yes, the dreaded California visual inspection. Well the truth is once the coils are relocated the factory pipes are probably never going to be need to messed with, but I guess its a bit of a crap shoot if they fail you or not. I can tell you the modified pipes functional exactly the same and do not set a code, but depending on the inspection station they may still have an issue. I left Cali in '96 so I have no idea how stringent it is present day. How many years till they don't check?

Old 05-01-2023, 06:25 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 167 Likes on 130 Posts

@Extinct Jumping in with the Coil Relocation Kit! Looks like an ideal spot to me! I don't mean to repeat the broken record with the 7&8 plug wires,but are they swapped with 3/4/5/6 or are 7/8 wires deleted altogether and I need to buy a 2nd set of cables to steal the longer wires from?

kdscott100 (01-07-2024)

Quick Reply: Announcing Extinct Motorsports Engineering!