Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Announcing Extinct Motorsports Engineering!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2023 | 08:30 PM
|
Camel Trophy
Talking

Originally Posted by WildPackofFamilyDogs
My guy! I am just seeing this! Grats!
Thanks Bud!

Old 05-18-2023 | 09:19 AM
Rock Crawling

Love your designs and enthusiasm for our trucks! Just ordered the relocation kit and sight glasses. Keep up the good work, hope your venture does well!

Old 05-18-2023 | 06:21 PM
|
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by wjsj69
Love your designs and enthusiasm for our trucks! Just ordered the relocation kit and sight glasses. Keep up the good work, hope your venture does well!
Thanks! Have a lot of exciting stuff in the queue!

Old 05-21-2023 | 08:41 AM
Mudding

Extinct, have you thought about inline mod Silicone Hoses?
Normal hose kits can be found on Ebay, but a significant part of the hose is cut away for the Inline Mod. I'm eventually going to order a set and modify them, but if you are going to carry something like that, I'd rather buy from you.

The following users liked this post:
wjsj69 (05-23-2023)
Old 05-21-2023 | 03:09 PM
|
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by Xanthro
Extinct, have you thought about inline mod Silicone Hoses?
Normal hose kits can be found on Ebay, but a significant part of the hose is cut away for the Inline Mod. I'm eventually going to order a set and modify them, but if you are going to carry something like that, I'd rather buy from you.
I have not considered that before, but now that you mention it I should. We don't do the volume to justify a custom hose, even with the inline housings and I am the number one buyer of those particular housings worldwide and I buy direct from the manufacturer. However I could buy the hose kits in bulk and then bundle the hoses with the kit in a single shipment. Just this weekend I finalized the combined shipping feature to allow customers to bundle shipping for Extinct products and Inline Products. Some have said I should sell the inline kits on the Extinct site which is a valid suggestion, but I am also at the top of the google search results for inline thermostats and the D2 kits help with that. Believe it or not we have sold kits for Jeep JK's, Subarus, Fords, even a Kenworth! The traffic from D2 kits helps other enthusiast struggling with keeping these modern cars cool find out site as an alternative to the Meziere and Jegs billet kits. Those are nice, but then you have source all the other bits too and it is a bit of pain for most people. Additionally, many times people need the weird angle to fit in to the tight spaces on the modern vehicles. The Jeep JK barely had room because the hose was so short but he fit it in there!

Thanks for the suggestions, and keep them coming!!

The following 2 users liked this post by Extinct:
The_OGCJR (06-16-2023), Xanthro (05-21-2023)
Old 05-21-2023 | 06:26 PM
Mudding

Fyi, I bought the leather dye and crack filler in Bahama Beige. While I plan to touch up the seats too, I started by repainting the top section of my steering wheel. Massive improvement!

The following 3 users liked this post by YETIX:
B Strife (05-22-2023), Trailmix (05-21-2023), Xanthro (05-21-2023)
Old 05-22-2023 | 07:29 AM
|
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by YETIX
Fyi, I bought the leather dye and crack filler in Bahama Beige. While I plan to touch up the seats too, I started by repainting the top section of my steering wheel. Massive improvement!

Looks great !!!

The following users liked this post:
YETIX (05-22-2023)
Old 05-22-2023 | 08:27 AM
Mudding

Extinct, I'll be buying the Tundra when it's in stock. Do you have stock notifications setup?

Old 05-22-2023 | 09:10 AM
|
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by Xanthro
Extinct, I'll be buying the Tundra when it's in stock. Do you have stock notifications setup?
I wondered if I was going to get an inquiry on Tundra. I have not had them color match that color yet because I was not sure I was going to get any demand but I can go ahead and initiate that. It will take a bit for me to get it back from the supplier and quality test it on my Tundra samples so I will let you know and post up here once we have it.

Old 05-22-2023 | 10:43 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Extinct
I wondered if I was going to get an inquiry on Tundra. I have not had them color match that color yet because I was not sure I was going to get any demand but I can go ahead and initiate that. It will take a bit for me to get it back from the supplier and quality test it on my Tundra samples so I will let you know and post up here once we have it.
If you need some Tundra color from a vehicle, I can ship some to you, for the color match. I've cut a few places in the bins for power, and have saved the cutouts specifically for color matching.
I made the mistake of taping a note (wiring diagram) to my steering wheel, using the Yellow super delicate tape, and though it was only on their half an hour, it pulled up some of the color. Seriously did not expect that.

Quick Reply: Announcing Extinct Motorsports Engineering!