Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone know a good mechanic in Austin, TX?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 08:36 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rmcshaffry
I have not found an Austin mechanic of any stripe who I trust completely yet. So many mistakes made. Sigh.

I have been learning and learning here and have started using the lifts and tools at DIYTexas - DIY Texas | Do It Yourself Automotive Garage – Austin, TX - to do most of my repairs and maintenance. Nice guys, nice shop.

When I know exactly what needs to be done and I know it's over my head and requires LR expertise/custom tools I still use Land Rover Austin dealership, with a close eye on the who the service advisor is and a hand ready on the phone to call Jack Taylor, the long-time service manager there, if I detect any shenanigans. Hey, you get a "free" loaner there.
You are in Austin. Awesome. We should meet up some time. I have few problems may be we can help each other. I have done a lot of work on my own and have good stock of tools at home. Let me know if you want to meet up for coffee or drinks. I am in SW Austin and work up north.

Thanks

Old 01-09-2014, 09:25 AM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by Jared9220
I am in San Antonio and might be able to make a trip up to help you out. I've done everything from head gaskets-to-ABS. What seems to be the problem?

If you are looking for a good shop that specializes in Land Rover, then the only place I can suggest from personal experience is British4x4 here in San Antonio. The only time I let them touch my car was to turn off the SLS when I switched to springs because I like to save the money and do the work myself, but I have been in there many times to order parts and they seem to know there stuff. They always seem to have plenty of rovers in the parking lot (like 40-50 waiting to be worked on) so I'm not sure what there turn over time is like. Here's there website: Land Rover San Antonio| Land Rover Repair, Service, and Parts | San Antonio,TX
Thanks. I will send you a private massage

Old 11-23-2014, 09:46 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Did you ever find a good mechanic?

Originally Posted by sayeedA
You are in Austin. Awesome. We should meet up some time. I have few problems may be we can help each other. I have done a lot of work on my own and have good stock of tools at home. Let me know if you want to meet up for coffee or drinks. I am in SW Austin and work up north.

Thanks
Sayeeda

I'm in Round Rock and still looking for a good mechanic. Any suggestions for an Austin mechanic would be helpful.

Can't get the SES light to go off.

Old 11-24-2014, 06:55 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by jwalk1995
Sayeeda

I'm in Round Rock and still looking for a good mechanic. Any suggestions for an Austin mechanic would be helpful.

Can't get the SES light to go off.
I am still looking for a good mechanic. I have been doing a lot of my work on my own. If you can make a trip to this way I can help you scan the Truck. I have a Scanner that can detect most of the Land Rover issues.

Let me IM you my contact