Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

atlantic british rebuilt engine program

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 11:35 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

sorry to disagree but if you want new pistons then buy at set of new stock size piston to install in your new stock size sleeves because an engine remanufacture is not.
This a remanufactured engine not a rebuilt engine.
And yes most engine remanufactures re-grind cams they do not replace them.

an engine remanufacturer reuses whatever they can, and engine rebuilder tends to replaces things.

Last edited by drowssap; 09-10-2012 at 11:54 AM.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:13 PM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

Regrind means recondition, which I already said. And go do that google thing. They all replace pistons.

Old 09-10-2012, 12:31 PM
Baja

Obviously, they don’t because I cut and pasted a description from major remanufacturer above and it say’s nothing about new pistons, it says sized and balance, not new. But it also specialty states Piston rings, wrist pins, and wrist pin bushings are replaced with new. Timing belts, chains, and gears are replaced with new.

I’ll make it easy for you; your right only Land Rover do not get new pistons, every remanufacturer in the sates and overseas has decided the Land Rover’s do not deserve new pistons.
Every other remanufactured engine in the world gets new pistons’ but Land Rover's. It must be like OPEC; a bunch of remanufactures sit around a table deciding who gets new pistons and who doesn’t.

Old 05-30-2013, 01:26 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by drowssap
I'm sure everyone who is on thier mail list have already seen this, but for those of you that do not deal with AB here is the link.

I dont think they have exactly rolled it out yet, but it could be a good option for a lot of people depending where the prices are.
It’s great that you have shared information with us. I would like to share my recent experience with having to get the transmission replaced in my Land Rover. I was advised to go in for a new transmission system as the old was rendered irreparable. A friend suggested that I go in for a used replacement as it would be more cost effective in the long term. On his advice I went in for an OEM certified used transmission system from http://www.hiperformer.com where I got it at an affordable cost with a warranty. It is close to six months and the performance of the replaced transmission system is flawless. Give them a try!

Old 05-30-2013, 09:19 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronaldmorales
It’s great that you have shared information with us. I would like to share my recent experience with having to get the transmission replaced in my Land Rover. I was advised to go in for a new transmission system as the old was rendered irreparable. A friend suggested that I go in for a used replacement as it would be more cost effective in the long term. On his advice I went in for an OEM certified used transmission system from HiPerformer® Engines: Car/Truck/Marine Engines - Remanufactured, Rebuilt & Used Motors (Ford, Chevy, GMC, Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, Toyota, Nissan) where I got it at an affordable cost with a warranty. It is close to six months and the performance of the replaced transmission system is flawless. Give them a try!
1 post on an old thread... I doubt you work for them!

/sarcasm

Old 05-30-2013, 10:16 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

I'm familiar with transmissions and systems but I'm not familiar with transmission systems. Fortunately, there's Wikipedia: Automatic transmission system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-30-2013, 11:27 AM
Baja

as the commercial used to go "I aint never worked on no Japanese transmission before ; Boss."